Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Change of Plans

Today I received a phone call from the surgeon's office and they say now that I will have to change my surgery date. Apparently Dr. Criswell will not be in the office that day. So they changed it to the 30th. So that means I have to go in for another pre-op appt with Dr. Turk too. Waste of time. There is nothing to look at and they already know what they are doing. It is driving me crazy. But that is not good either because we have already made arrangements for the kids, the end of the month and first of the month are busy for Shane and I am ready for this to be over with. So I am a little perturbed. So I am going to try and call to change it to at least some time that week.


Yesterday I had treatment for my first dose of triple herceptin. They actually make it more concentrated and it takes just as long for the one dose which is about 35 minutes. But I am always there way longer like 3 hours by the time you see the doctor, access the port, paperwork, getting the herceptin made for your specific does etc. So far no side affects for the 3x. While I was there a lady in her early 60's or so that I see every week was in the waiting room and we were talking then she was called back. We were waiting in the next room and I heard the nurse come out behind her and say, "I am sorry we couldn't do more." My heart breaks for her. That has to be the worst news anyone can hear after the initial, "You have Cancer." She looked so sad walking down the hall. I don't know what the prognosis is but it is so depressing when it is someone you have somewhat come to know.


Monday I also spent the day doing laundry so that I could pack today. That is finally done and the kids are in bed. Mom is working in her office and Shane is upstairs packing. He didn't get home from work until 8:30pm. Trying to make sure everything is covered and done at work before we leave. Fun stuff. I am looking forward to our trip. It will kind of be nice to get away from all of this here and pretend for a while that everything is OK.


Please pray we all have a safe trip. For my family our West, we will see you all tomorrow & for my family here, I love you all and will miss you.

Love,
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment