Sunday, June 21, 2009

Great Faith & Authority












The last few days I have finally felt normal. I guess as normal as I can anyway. I feel really good. We spent a relaxing day at home on Saturday which was really nice after being gone for most of the week. On Friday, I took the kids to the park and took some pictures of them for Father's Day. We made a picture book for Shane with pictures of him and the kids and then individual pictures of all the kids and then all of them together. I know they are mine but if I do say so myself they are some good looking kids. As I was going thru the pictures on Friday afternoon picking out which ones to use, I was overwhelmed with how beautiful my children are to me, of how very blessed we are and all I could do was weep with gratitude over our precious gifts from above. They truly are a treasure.


Today is Father's Day. I was blessed with two Father's who both mean the world to me. They have both given me so many different things in Life. Happy Father's Day to you both. I love you!!!! And to my Awesome Husband who is such a great daddy. There is a saying, "Anyone can be a Father, but it takes someone Special to be a Daddy" How true that is. Shane does such a good job of making time with all of the kids, but most of all with them individually. They eat up that special one on one time with their Daddy. When I see him with the kids I fall in love with him all over again. You are an awesome Daddy Babe and I love you that much more for it. Thank you for giving me 3 Beautiful Children.


Today Pastor Doug Witherup preached about Strength Through Authority. It was a good message. One of the big points he made was: "The Key to Faith is understanding Authority". I think that sometimes we just forget or don't really know how much Authority we possess because of what Christ did on the cross for us. He took back the keys and gave us that power of authority over evil in our lives. It made me realize how much better our lives could be if we really remembered how that Authority works when we use it. Understanding that having authority comes from learning to be under God's Authority. One of the thoughts that I had during the sermon was, "Why do people when something "bad" happens in their lives, whether it be health, financial problems, or family problems whatever that they automatically blame God. God gives all of us free will & choice and a lot of problems we encounter in our lives sometimes are of our own doing because of decisions we have made. That is not saying that God can't take that "bad decisions" and make it into something good. That is what the bible says. And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God. Romans 8:28
To me that says that not everything will be good but he can make it into something good if we love and trust him.

Another thing was just the fact of admitting that you need Jesus. How many times in our lives do we say or think, "Look what I have accomplished or done" or something to that effect. But in truth, what are we without God in our lives. You get to where you are because of God not your own works. Maybe sometimes we get so focused on making it big or making money and becoming some big great success that we forget about the ONE who makes it all possible. He gave us talents to do what we do. I wonder if maybe in our forgetting or just taking it all for granted that God has to come along and gently remind us where we came from, taking us back to the basics in the beginning. God help us to never forget that we are nothing without Him.


In the text of Luke 7:1-10, in verse 9 &10, it speaks of how amazed Jesus was of this centurion's Great Faith. Oh that we could learn how to operate with that Great Faith that would truly amaze God & those around us. He knew that all Christ had to do was speak the word and because Jesus had authority over sickness that it would have to leave his servant.


So my prayer for myself & you this week is that God would give me that kind of faith and to gently remind me that thru Him, I do have Authority in my Life. I will overcome and he is by my side no matter what. I some would say, "How can you say that when you have Breast Cancer?" I guess my answer to that would be, " He has never let me down before & I have no reason to believe he will now." I know that next month is going to be hard to adjust to for all of us with my surgery, but I know my family & my husband love me but most of all God does and he wants what is best for me. Matthew 7:11 says, "If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" So I will hold on to that promise & surround myself in that love. It will be hard but I will make it with the Authority of Jesus Name.

God Bless and Have a Great Week,
Rachael Renea

No comments:

Post a Comment