Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Better Week

It is hard to believe it is already June. Where has the year gone??? We are going to Myrtle Beach this weekend. I am really looking forward to that. The kids are pretty excited too. They still remember our last trip there. So that is a good thing. Mom is going with us also. So it should be fun. We are having to try and get all of our vacations in this month because after my surgery, I start radiation and that is everyday for 6 weeks. So there goes August. Yuck. I am sure we will try to do at least one weekend trip in August to Gatlinburg, Tenn. or something like that but no long trips seeing as how I have to be here everyday for treatment.


Monday will be my last chemo treatment unless something changes but they have given me no indication that it will change. I will finally feel like I have overcome one giant hurdle in this "journey" of mine. I still have a lot to go thru before all of this is over but at least I have almost completed one battle in this war against my breast cancer. That makes me feel good and feel like we are making progress.


My blood counts were the lowest they have ever been on Monday but I feel better than I did the week before so I don't know how all that works. I do notice that I am more pale and have to add a little more bronzer that usual but that is not so bad. Treatment went well and I am anxious for Monday to come and go.


Tuesday after dinner we all went swimming at the pool. That was nice. The water is pretty warm already even after the sun has started setting. The kids are fish. All three of them. Caitlyn does really good with floaties and likes to jump in holding our fingers. She is such a Daddy's girl. But I am so glad. How she looks at him with those adoring little eyes. Shane has no idea how much trouble he is going to be in as she gets older. He doesn't have sisters so he is clueless. This is going to be an adventure. I am so glad I am along for the ride. I say a saying on a Jeep Wrangler the other day that made me think of Caitlyn. It said: "Silly Boys. They think jeeps are for them!" Caitlyn says everything is silly. Like "Silly DaDa" "Silly Brubers" She is so prissy but loves the outdoors and fourwheelers too. That is my girl. And I think Shane likes it that way too.


This week we have been watching Isabella for Dustin & Yessie while they went to Las Vegas for their 5 year Anniversary. Wow. It doesn't seem like that long ago but again it has. It has been interesting helping Mom care for 2 babies. Even though Caitlyn looks like she is 3 she is only 20 months old. So I have to quite often remind myself of that fact when she gets whiny. But overall it has been relatively easy. I forget how much time a "baby" takes up of your day. But it was fun to get to spend time with her. Today she went to a friend/neighbor of ours Ashley while we are at the beach. Ashley is looking forward to watching her. Her little boy, Aiden is almost 3, and they are thinking of having another baby so it will be good practice for her. LOL The whole family really.


I signed the boys up for church camp this week. They are going for 4 days in August together at our church's retreat center in Kannapolis. It is not far only about 30 minutes. So if I have to go and get them for whatever reason it is not a few hours away. So that should be interesting. Camp is shortly after my surgery so that will work out good. Plus the kids will be going to Shane's parents for a week each around that time too. They like to have them each for a week by themselves to spend quality time with each one. The kids love it and so do Grandma & Grandpa.


Please continue to keep Papa Fred in your prayers. He is in rehab now and doing well.
Also for little Lestat. He had his surgery on Tuesday. I will let you know when I get an update on his recovery.



Well I guess I better go pack for the beach. I have to pack for 4 of us. But it is just a weekend so it shouldn't take to long. I will let everyone know how the beach is. I hope everyone has a great weekend as well.


To end on a funny note. The boys were cleaning out the trash cans on Tuesday and Chandler comes in and says, " Mom can't we do this as a division of labor?" I said, "You are. You have one trash can and Connor has one." He says, "No Mom. A division of labor would be if I clean the trash cans and Connor gets to pick up all the trash off the driveway from the trash cans." Well excuse me. Apparently he learned that on homework the other day. I glad he is still learning something. LOL

Love to all,
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment