Friday, November 13, 2009

The First Day of the Rest of My Long Life to Come

This is me today.

My Radiation Team:

Left to right: Amy, Andrew, myself, Robyn, & Lori
Dr. Mark Liang
My Radiation Oncologist

Today is my first day without radiation in 6 weeks. Wow, I have so many feelings going thru me. I am thankful & relieved that it is over, sad because I won't see my wonderful radiation team anymore, grateful for not having any excessive tiredness or pain during the process, a sense of accomplishment for what I have finished and gone thru, But most of all, excited for what is to come. I can almost see the light at the end of this long tunnel.
I want to say Thank you to all the staff at University Radiation for the great care you have given me over the last 6 weeks. It was fun while it lasted. NOT!!! But I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all of you and you being a small part of my life and sharing parts of your with me.
Andrew take care of little Sophia. Amy good luck with your new baby boy in January. You guys are the best.
With a sincere and grateful heart,
Rachael

2 comments:

  1. hi babygirl love ur hair (short Brown) sorry haven;t bloged in a while haven't turned on computer miss u all alot looking forward to seeing u at Thanksgiving don't worry about U.Greg kenny said he was just sniveling Doc couldn't find anything wrong love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you, I am so glad that you are healthy and through with radiation :) That was like takin' the stuffin out of you...
    I'm sorry about the joke we played on you today... I am blaming it all on your Dad...
    All my Love, Nik

    ReplyDelete