Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Busy Week with more to Come

The weekend and the first part of this week have been pretty busy and exhausting. The guys left around 8am of Friday morning. They were all pretty excited. On Friday for us we just hung out at home. The boys played legos, xbox, & wii & I did laundry and straightening the house us up. We also had Bella Friday also. Yessie still was not feeling well so she took another day of rest.





Later in the afternoon, Tony came to pick up Chandler and Connor to take them to go see "Up" They really seemed to enjoy it. And somehow they talked Papa Tony into getting them each another DS game and a Lego toy. Spoiled kids. When Tony dropped off the boys he said, " Well at least I got the boys out of your hair for a while." LOL He totally did not realize what he said. It was pretty funny. They spent the rest of that night making those toys. We ate Pork Fried Rice w/ leftover pork loin that we grilled out the night before. It was very good. Mom made it of course.





Saturday we got up and had brown sugar & cinnamon pancakes for breakfast. The boys loved them. Around noon Shane's mom came to visit us. So we spent the day with her. The boys learned how to make "cherries" out of zucchini and cherry kool aid. That was "way cool" in their eyes. They didn't taste bad either. It was weird. Later she took all 3 kids to the park. Then we make tacos for dinner that night and as we were making tacos, my brother Travis showed up. We were not expecting him until late late that night. So it was nice to be able to spend time with him. After dinner, Chris had to get on the road so they wouldn't get back late. So Chandler left to go with her because he is going to fly out Monday morning with his Uncle Chad. Chandler came to me crying before he left saying, "I don't want to miss you for over a week." I tried to reassure him it would be fine and he would have so much fun. All this while trying not to cry myself. I really do not know how mom did it year after year when we were kids to send up for the summer to Oregon to see Dad. It is really hard for one & then to have to be tough in front of them with no tears. I do miss my big boy. I can't believe he is going to be 9 on Monday.





We have talked to Chandler everyday. Chad said he slept the whole way there. Hopefully his flight back will be just as easy. He did call again last night and was crying but didn't want to talk to us while he was crying. He called back later to talk to Daddy and was fine. Overall I think he is doing very well. He is supposed to be at the beach today. Golfing another day & the lake another. I hope Chad & Marcella are enjoying him just as much. He is such a sweet and respectful little man. He makes me very proud. But I miss him.



Sunday morning for church we went to A.C.T.S ministries to hear my brother Travis speak. He spoke about Love & Forgiveness. I didn't get to hear it all because I had to Caitlyn back to the nursery because she wanted to talk too. But what I could hear was good. Good Job Travis. We love you and are very proud.



Sunday the guys got home around 6pm. They had plenty of stories to tell and kept us laughing all evening. We had Chef Salad for dinner which was good for something not hot and light for dinner. Next we watched, Wild Hogs. It was so funny watching again with all the guys after their own Adventure. Mostly I am very thankful they all came back safe and had fun.





Monday afternoon we met Tony for lunch to celebrate Travis 32th Birthday. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory. I haven't been there in years. Mine was not very good. They forgot the onions on my tacos and it was cold even the second time around. So we just sent if back. But my

Banana Cream Cheesecake was awesome. Mine was the best out of the 4 or 5 that we ordered. I think. Anyway we left there and went back home because I had treatment at 3:30pm. So my Dad took me to that seeing as how he hasn't been here since I started treatment. So that kind of gave him a little insight on what I have to go thru for them every 3 weeks now. It was a fairly easy one this time though. We left there and rushed home to finish getting everything ready for Travis' Birthday. We were planning for 24 and 10 didn't show. They all had good reasons but we had a ton of food leftover. So guess what we are still eating. LOL Oh well it still was really good with the family that was there. I just felt bad for Travis.


That night I had to say good bye to my Dad. He was leaving early in the morning so I wouldn't be able to see him again. It is so hard every time. You would think after 21 years of saying good bye to him every year it would get easier but it doesn't. I know he will probably come down for Christmas or Thanksgiving if not I won't see him till next summer and that is really hard for me sometimes to deal with. Divorce sucks not just when it happens but for the years to follow. It doesn't just affect the two people involved it affects their kids and in my case now my kids. The one thing I swore to protect my kids from and never put them thru is out of my hands. We are having to do it all over again. I hate it and it makes my heart break.


Tuesday afternoon I decided to go visit Shane's parents and Papa Fred. I know it will be the last time for a while before I will be able to drive up there to see them. Hopefully they can come but it is hard with Papa being in a wheelchair. Shane had to go to Charleston to clear some things out so I decided that it was a good time to go. We enjoyed the day with them and Caitlyn did really well with Chris and Papa Fred & Robin. She usually cries when I take her there because she thinks we are going to leave her. She is going up there next week to stay but Connor will be with her so hopefully it will be better than before when i have left her in the past.


We got home Wednesday about 5:30 pm and Shane got home about 6pm. He needed to return Jack's motorcycle so we all went and then grabbed a bit to eat at 5 Guys, went home and called it an early night.


Today I had my pre-op appointment with Dr. Turk, again. And he went over everything and I am having him also cut off a few unwanted moles. Might as well while he is cutting things off. He said I will be in the surgery for about 2 hours himself then however long the plastic surgeon is then about 2 days minimum in the hospital. I have my pre-op with the plastic surgeon tomorrow. So we will see how that goes.

Next Thursday is the 30th and my new surgery date for any who did not already know. Please keep me in your prayers that day. I appreciate all that have already gone up on my behalf.

Much Love,
Rachael

2 comments:

  1. Hi Babygirl, haven't turned the compuker on for awile so took a while to catch up with your blogs had a lot of fun with all this summer the cycle trip was great Thanks Shane. I wasn't looking forward to getting home to cleaning house driveway garage yard etc. I pulled into driveway and some princess (my sis. Carolyn} had spent 3 days doing all that stuff . I was afraid to touch anything . Love you bunchs Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachael forgot to tell you and Shane it was one of the greatest honors you could give to be able to baptize Chandler tell happy birthday if I some how don't get in touch with him tomorrow love ya all Dad

    ReplyDelete