Friday, July 17, 2009

Home at Last

We left Boise at 7:30am. We had to get up at 3:45am to get ready and drive to the airport. It is an hour from my Dad's house. Too early for me. We got into Raleigh about 4:15pm on Wednesday afternoon. It was a fairly uneventful flight Thank God. The first flight was from Boise to Salt Lake City. I was able to take Caitlyn's carseat on board and she fell asleep. It was only a 45minute flight. But when we got into Salt Lake the next flight was full so I had to wake her up and gate check the carseat. We stayed on the same plane the whole day. The next leg of the trip was to Chicago. That was the longest one which was 3 hours. The kids did so well. I was so proud of them. From Chicago we went to Raleigh. That was about 1 hr 20 minutes. Shane was there to pick us up and all 3 kids ran to Daddy. They were so glad to see him. I was too. We drove home from Raleigh and got home about 6:45 pm with stopping to eat something on the way.


Arriving home we unloaded & unpacked believe it or not. It wasn't too bad now that the boys are older they can unpack their own stuff. So that is nice. So really I only had to do mine and Caitlyn's. I did laundry with the help of my cousin, Nikki before I left so I didn't have to do that. I decided that night I was going to ween Caty from her passy. I have been trying to for months but something always came up. Cancer & trips you know the usual. LOL Anyway seeing as how I have 2 weeks before surgery I thought it might be a good time to try. Plus I figured with Shane gone for the weekend, if it was bad, only one of us would not get sleep. She fell right asleep that night and didn't even ask for it. Amazing!!! She woke up the next morning and asked for it. I tried to ignore it and put her in bed with me but she kept asking for it. So she decided that if Mommy wouldn't get it she would. So she got out of my bed, went to her room, grabbed the container on her dresser that had all the passys in it and brought them all in my room in her hands. She climbed up in my bed trying all of them out. One after the other. LOL It was so cute. It was like she was having withdraws from them and she just had to suck on all of them one by one. Priceless. Shortly after that I gave her a shower and took all of them away and hid them. She hasn't asked one time for them since then. This is night 3. It was way too easy.


Chandler was easy too. We were talking about how to take it away from him, it being our first child, we didn't know. I told Shane that I had heard some parents tell their kids that the trashman took it. The next thing we knew Chandler had handed me his passy and said, "Twash Mom, Twash." He asked for it that once at night and never again. But Connor, boy was he another story. It took about 3 weeks to finally ween him from it. Every child, even your own, from the same parents are so different.


Yessie has been sick with a UTI the last two days so we have been taking care of Bella. Yessie is feeling much better tonight though. So that is good news.


My Dad Kyle flew out the same day we did on Wednesday to come out for a Annual Motorcycle Trip. They are going all the way to Snowshoe, WV. For those of you who do know my Dad, he has not been on a motorcycle in years. So this is a little scary. The day before he left he was finishing finalizing his Will. That is so morbid Dad!!! So there are a total of 6 of them on this trip, Shane, Dustin, Dad, Shane's brother Chad, Shane's Dad Robin & Norman a friend of Robin's. PLEASE pray for their safe trip & return. We are all a little nervous. I talked to them today and all is well so far. It was supposed to rain all day today, thankfully Shane said it didn't rain till the last 2 miles to the hotel. So that was good. But Dad had already told them that if it started raining and they didn't see him, "Go back to the nearest motel and you will find me!!" LOL

Connor is not feeling well. He has a sinus infection, I think. He was crying upstairs and I went up found him laying on his tummy on the floor with his forehead on the carpet. I asked him what was wrong and he said his cheeks hurt. His little face is swollen & puffy. No sore throat but he has had a cough for the last few days. I was going to take him to urgent care but it was too late. So I gave him a good dose of Tylenol Cold medicine and put him to bed with a warm compress on his face.

I am thankful to be home. I really missed Shane and the kids missed their Daddy but I am not looking forward to what I have to do in the next two weeks. This time in 2 weeks I will be in the hospital recovering. Not really exciting to think about. I am really starting to get nervous about the whole thing. So I am really trying to not think about it too much until I have to. Kind of hard though.


Please pray for the guys on their trip, Connor & a friend in Oregon had surgery last week and has had complications, her name is Janelle. Good night and I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Love,
Rachael

1 comment:

  1. I have to tell you how I weaned lexi from the "binky". I read somewhere that it's the air in the nipple part that makes it feel good to suck on and if you make a hole in it, it just goes flat and the kid doesn't want it anymore. I thought what can it hurt? I got her down to only using it before bed, so I snipped a little off one of the corners. When it was time for bed I handed it to her like usual and she stuck it in her mouth, made a face and took it out and looked at it and said "it's broke." I said oh, I'm sorry but I don't know where another one is (which was kind of true because I'd hidden all of them that I found throughout the day). She went to her room and I put her in the bed and when she woke up the next morning, had a binky in there. I didn't say anything but when she wasn't looking, snipped it too. Same thing that night but no new binky.
    Well we went to my moms the next day and she walked in, hugged my mom and went straight to the kitchen, got in the cupboard with their pots and pans and pulled out a binky. LOL she had those stupid things hidden everywhere!

    But seriously, cutting a little hole in it was all that worked. lol

    ReplyDelete