Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pulling Over












As you can see I was pulled over while here visiting the great state of Idaho. They pulled me over because I was driving my Dad Kyle's new Chevy Avalanche and they couldn't see the tag from the tinted back window plus the trucks alignment was out really bad and I had let go of the wheel to check and see if that is what is was or not and the policeman thought I was drunk or talking on the phone. I was neither for the record. LOL The funny thing is Shane was pulled over on Sunday and while at Black Canyon on Saturday the police "pulled over" my cousin Kenny to check all relevant registration for his Jet Ski and for the boat. Then my cousin Josh was "driving" the wrong way in the water on the jet ski and the pulled him onto their boat and were writing him a ticket for about $179 bucks. Yikes but we all said we got pulled over that if anyone could talk himself out of a ticket it would be Josh and sure enough he did. LOL So it has been a crazy weekend.
The other pictures are of Caitlyn who now thinks she is a monkey. And misc. pictures of my cousins who we have seen on our trip so far. The one with all the kids in the pool is less than half of total cousins. And there were at least that many people in the house too. Crazy day but fun being with all of our family. We are so blessed to have such an extended family who are close and are able to spend time with. Everyone here lives within an hour of each other besides by Aunt Janet who lives 7 hours away in Staton, OR. We live the farthest in North Carolina. It always amazes me how we can feel so at home here but also home in North Carolina. I love my family and am so Thankful that we all have each other.
We leave tomorrow to go to McCall, ID near the Payette Lake. We rented a home in Donnelly right on the water. Short walk out the back door. It is perfect for the kids. They are very excited. Nikki & I went shopping today to get all the groceries odds & ins for the trip. My Aunt Gail and her family are coming up Friday to spend the day with us also. But total when they come will be about 20 people. Someday we will just have to rent 2 houses close to each other so that we can have more of the family come. But it still will be a blast. It is one of the only ways we can get the guys away from work to spend quality time with us. Fires on the lakefront with smores, swimming, jet skis, & four wheeling. You can't beat that with family.
My title pulling over was more for the Police incident but then I thought, "You know sometimes in Life we really just need to pull over, take a look at ourselves(license), check out who we are "registered/insured" with, buckle up and slow down." Just to really evaluate our lives & get back on the straight and narrow. It is not always the easiest road but it is the best one. But as always it is our choice.
Sometimes it seems like things can't get any worse but they really could. Shane could not have a job, we could not have health insurance, the kids health could be at risk, I could be so much sicker than I am, I could not have help with everything from my family from the East to the West Coast but even with all of that at the end of the day I still have my Family, My Children, & My Husband and to me that is all that matters. There are days lately when I look at my family and children with such overwhelming love that it just blows me away at how good God is and how he has blessed us. Even in the midst of all of this. I just have to believe it is for a Purpose.
I have never said anything about this before on my blog but we built a Spec home a year ago this summer. Obviously, it is still sitting on the market with the way the economy is. We need to sell this home soon. Please pray that God will send a buyer for this home quickly so we can be out from under this house. Thanks. I truly believe in all of your prayers. Look at me. And when it sells quickly it will just be one more testimony of Gods faithfulness.
Good Night,
Rachael

1 comment:

  1. amanda.r.mendoza@gmail.comJuly 15, 2009 at 5:57 PM

    Girl i will pray with you! I know it will sell soon!

    ReplyDelete