Thursday, July 30, 2009

Long Night Ahead...........

Rachael got into her room about 6:30pm tonight. She's in a lot of pain. I think she had know idea it would be this intense. Maybe a little naivete on our part I guess. The anesthesia wearing off but the morphine/phenergan not kicking in quick enough. Anyway she's resting now. Probably starting falling asleep a little after 8pm. On & off of course as I am sure the night will be. She has to wake every two hours; the nurse has to come in & check for any bleeding, check her vitals etc... They want her to lift her arms but that's not happening with the pain. She's doing good to wiggle her fingers & twist her ankles. Maybe tomorrow morning around breakfast time she can start doing more. Theirs more to tell but I'll let her be her graphic self if she wants to be.


Lin came with us today around 9am. She's been here all day keeping me company. Probably more accurate was we took turns babysitting the luggage & laptops in the waiting room. I did get her to use Rachael's laptop today. Thought she could pass the time like I did.....pretty much stayed online all day....I think I reconfigured my home pages like 3x each out of boredom. I know the Facebook groupies out there were perplexed seeing me signed on all day. One guy chatted with me this morning then around 5pm was like "DUDE" you are still here? Funny in a weird sort of way.


Yesenia came by & then Ashley & Holly. Rachael was asleep. Ash said it was like we were all standing around waiting for Rach to get up & do a show or something like in a zoo! You would have to hear her say that to get it but it was really funny. Holly kept sounding all medical like & practically telling us what to do & not do tonight. It was good to hear someone other than ourselves for a change & our nurses. Glad they came by & even so late. Means a lot. I think Yesi & Ash think I eat a lot or something; they kept asking me if they needed to go get food. Capital Grille is open this late but if I sent them they probably wouldn't come back & I'd have to go get them & take them home. (they eat a lot ;^) )


Thanks to everyone at ITCM holding down the fort. Mentioning anyone by name doesn't diminish anyone not mentioned; you guys are all working hard & kicking butt out there day in & day out. Ranea', you are doing good out there like you always do pulling everyone together & making it happen.


A big shout out to our "Nannies" this week. Chandler is at the Tillman's. Stacy & Patrick were so kind to open their home, as many times before, & invite Chandler over last night & then again tonight. Thanks to Mom Higginbotham for taking Caitlyn & the Conman since last night. They went to a museum today. Joy, Skyla's sister, was there helping out & kept me posted with texts & pics of their day (Connor really likes her, that's my boy!!). BTW, I thought I was up on texting & that "language" but try & understand freakin' stuff from a 15 year old!!!!! Elizabeth, you helped me some but a guess a lot has changed even in a few years.....I was lost half the time....like reading some of those custom license plates you see on the road & you have say them like 20 times to figure them out. Quite humbling actually....lol


Today was a record setting day for texts, voicemails & emails to & about Rachael. She probably won't know the outpouring of support all you guys displayed today but I'll do my best to relay to her each & every message that was left. Thank you again for all the thoughts & prayers. We appreciate each & every one.


Pray she can sleep tonight. She needs her rest for what's going to be a long day tomorrow.



Shane

2 comments:

  1. Still praying!!!
    Love you guys,
    Twila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the updates Shane! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete