Monday, April 6, 2009

Half Way There: "I Am God Your Healer"


This is Shane & I at Chemo today. He has taken me to all of my Chemo Treatments. What a Man!! Thanks Babe.

Today is my 3rd Chemo Treatment, therefore I am half way done! Yeah!!!!! My final chemo is on June 8th and then I go to Herceptin every 3 weeks. So I think I will be able to fit in my Oregon Trip after all. God always provides a way. I was really going to miss my yearly getaway. It looks like my surgery is going to be mid-July or roughly 3-5 weeks after my final chemo. Not really looking forward to that at all but it has to come off. Only one for now, so I guess that is better.

Dr. Limentani examined me today and couldn't even feel my tumors. Yeah. I can just barely feel them b/c I know what I am looking for. Not that he doesn't but he feels a lot of breasts if you know what I mean. He forgets week to week. LOL That is funny. Isn't it. Go ahead and laugh. You know it is. LOL

Yesterday we went to the early service & then we took the kids to see Disney Playhouse Live. It was more for Caitlyn but Connor thought it was Ok too. Chandler just tolerated it. It was a little bit "childish" for my soon to be 9 year old son. Caitlyn loved it. She watched the whole thing without wiggling around. After the show we walked over to the epic center for ice cream at Cold Stone. Yummy!! Then Caitlyn & I took naps. Yeah!! LOL The boys played outside & Shane went mountain bike riding. I love Sundays.

I am having my last meds now. So I guess we will be out earlier than I thought. Bummer. Now I won't get dinner downtown tonight. Oh well. My blood counts and hemoglobin is still good. The lady next to me hers were low. And last week my friend Tanya's were low and she had to come in and get a shot. Yuck!! So for me so far so good and I feel wonderful. No headaches the last few days either. That makes me very happy.

Ok we are now home. Mom made homemade salmon patties for dinner. It was very good. Thanks mom. I was racking my mind of what I was going to cook b/c I really didn't think we would be home for dinner. So it was nice that mom was already doing it. What would we do without our moms.
I hope everyone has an awesome week. One of my thoughts week was sent to me by a friend who sent me a journal with verses that helped her mom in her battle. Thank you Ericka. I love my scripture journal.
II Corinthians 12:9
And he hath said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my power is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
This is perfect for me, my family & our situation. In my weakness I hope and pray that God will use this for his glory and that he will give me rest.
Good Night,
Rachael Renea

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sweetie, I just wanted to tell you how amazing you are and how proud of you I am.

    You have been so courageous through all of this and your strength is helping all of the rest of us deal with it too.

    You are beautiful inside and out, with OR without hair. SERIOUSLY! You could call it a fashion statement and be totally hip.

    I haven't shaved mine yet, I'm waiting until you get here. :):):) (Don shaved his though)

    Love ya,
    Aunt Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i love the picture. you look so cute! i cant wait to see you this summer!
    love and prayers, nik

    ReplyDelete