Sunday, April 19, 2009

Our Beach Trip





This week we were able to go to the beach. It was so relaxing and fun. I was able to read 4 whole books. Yeah!! That hasn't happened in awhile. I love reading as you can obviously tell. The kids had a blast . They did not care that the water was freezing at all. It was crazy. Even Caitlyn was in the water. Not as much, but she loved it. Isabella, my niece loved the sound of the waves. Every time you would take her outside to walk on the beach she would fall asleep. She is her Grandma's girl. It was breezy the whole time we were there but bearable. The sun shone every day but the day we arrived but the kids still went out. They found probably about 100 shark teeth while we were there & Connor found a clam still in the shell. He was so excited. We steamed it and opened it up. Way cool in his book.
Shane was able to come down and spend a few days with us also. He was able to get some much needed rest & relaxation. Dustin came down Thursday evening and spend the weekend with us. He decided after being married for almost 5 years & having Isabella that bachelorhood sucks. LOL. He was glad to see Yessie & Isabella.
On Saturday, Chandler needed to go to a birthday party for one of his best friends & neighbors, Heath Tillman and Mrs. Stacie, Heath's mom was so gracious to take Chandler earlier than the party started so that Yessie could go to the baby shower. She also kept him with her family till we came home today. She is such a good neighbor and friend. Thanks Stacie for everything, So after dinner on Friday, Yessie & Chandler left for home. She dropped him off at his birthday party, ran some errands & then went to her baby shower. She decided to not come back to the beach because we were leaving on Sunday late morning. Dustin got to play Mr. Mom for the weekend. He did really good though. Yessie would be proud. She was a little lonely for her hubby but most of all her baby girl whom she has never left. But all three of them survived.
Shane's parents were able to join us also for the weekend. Chris came up on Thursday afternoon and Robin Saturday afternoon. We are so glad they were able to be with us. The kids love to spend time with them both.
We got home today about 4:30 pm. Not a bad drive at all. Yessie pulled in behind us to get her baby girl. Shane was so good to start laundry and unpack his and the boys stuff. Thank you Babe. You are the best. I really appreciate all the help. It keeps me from being overwhelmed & exhausted.
I have treatment tomorrow. They expect my blood levels to be very low. I feel pretty good. A little tired but not as tired as I thought that I would be. Usually my counts are low on day 15 after chemo, but they were already low on day 8 so we will see how they are tomorrow. After treatment at 3, we are having dinner with Tony at Max's Alley. I love that place and I am looking forward to dinner tomorrow night.
I also want to say Thank You to the Johnsen Family for allowing us to use their beach house & the awesome gift basket you left for the kids. They thoroughly enjoyed playing with all the goodies. You guys have been great friends to our family and we really appreciate your kindness, thoughts & prayers.
Have a Blessed Week,
Rachael

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like ya'll had a blast! I'm so jealous! More than anything, I would have loved to watch Belle and Caity playing...I sure miss having a baby girl! :) It's great you were able to go and the big boys were able to get some R&R!
    I love you all! Will be praying tomorow for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you all shad such a wonderful time! We can't wait till you guys are here with us! Kenny is already thinking of all the things that he and Shane can do while he is here! Josh scheduled the whole week of the 4th off from work so he will be around and we all can't hardly wait until July! How did your chemo go? I am going to call this afternoon after I get doe with storage unit billing! I just got back from prayer meeting and of course we prayed for you... like we always do! Hope all is well!
    Love you, Nik

    ReplyDelete