Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Joy thru the Trials of Life

Today I was up fairly early and got a few things done around the house. Laundry & getting Shane's dry cleaning washed for pressing. Took that to the dry cleaners, went to try to find the boys something new for the boys to wear for Easter Sunday. Success. Yeah!!!! Dropped that off at the cleaners for pressing on my way home too. They are going to look so cute. Couldn't find anything for Shane or I but the kids will look awesome.

I was thinking of a little entrepreneur job, like I don't have enough going on but oh well. But it didn't work out. I am still a little disappointed. I was going to make a cake to send to a local restaurant where a friend works, but apparently I have to be a licensed baker to be able to do that. That stinks. Maybe I will check into what I would have to do to get my license. So now I have one of my famous Pineapple/Orange Cakes just sitting here. Any takers????? LOL I will probably share it with some of my neighbors & of course family.

Tonight at church Pastor Anthony talked about "Joy in the Junk of Life"!! In the beginning he urged us all to seek out the gift of the Holy Spirit and if you have it "USE IT" Get a sense of expectancy when you come to the house of the Lord. Expect God to do great things.
The text is from the book of James 1:1-10. In verses 2-4, he talks about trials and temptations & having joy thru them. It says count it all Joy, what is Joy. "Joy is that God is all you need. He is sufficient for me in my trail." When we recognize this it confuses the devil. The purpose of our trials is to purify and strengthen us. You can't have a testimony without a test/trial.

The next part of his lesson was Trust. This is one that I have struggled with, but I believe I have overcome any lack thereof. Pastor Anthony referenced James 1:5 with the fact that we need to trust in God & ask him for wisdom in faith. And he will give us the wisdom to get thru our trials. "Help us Lord to Surrender to your will in all of our lives. Let us always remember that you are in control. Praise him for the Victory!!"
His final statement was:
JOY OUTWEIGHS THE JUNK
WHEN YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHO YOU BELONG TOO.
I am so glad I know who I belong to. And I pray that God will continue to give me the patience and wisdom to deal with "My Journey". I know the joy that he has given to me during this time is unexplainable. I know my side affects or the lack there of are miraculous. I continue to thank God everyday for that.
So no matter what you are facing remember to trust God, keep the faith, & pray for wisdom. He will bring you thru it. He will never leave you nor forsake you. He will carry you when you feel like you can't carry on. When you are weak he is strong. Just don't give up. He is still God. He is the same yesterday, today & forever. I can say all of this because I am going thru it myself. He has never left me. I have never felt as close to him as I have thur this "journey" he has shown me things, helped me to understand things I probably would never understood before, given me peace that is unbelievable with my family's business & different family issues, the insight to life in general, & along this walk somehow I have been able to others. That has been the biggest blessing of all. I have a very full & grateful heart for that.
All my love & prayers,
Rachael
Thanks Pastor Anthony for the Word tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure ya'll will look great even if you didn't find anything new! You always do! :) Sounds like you are getting so much from God while going through this and I know that is what He wants, is for us to "get it". I'm still working on "getting it" through my junk...

    I love ya lots! Still praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amanda033106@yahoo.comApril 18, 2009 at 8:13 PM

    Your are AWESOME!!! You are touching people by your journey and you are AMAZING!!

    I love you and Im praying for you!

    ReplyDelete