Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11/2009 My 100th Post: Never Forget

How fitting that my 100th Blog Post would be on this day. May we never forget where we have come from, the sacrifices of those who died that horrible day. I was at home with Chandler. He was about 13months old & we were planning a trip to Cancun Mexico to leave the very next day. Needless to say we didn't go but I will never forget holding Chandler in my arms and thinking what kind of world have I brought this child into? But since then I have decided that we cannot live in fear of what may happen in our country or our lives. I have since brought
2 more babies into this crazy world of ours & I think if I would have given into the fear what I would have missed out on. Life is like that though in everything.
I am sorrowed for the lives that were taken involuntarily on that day, but amazed by the lives & sacrifice for the ones who Voluntarily went in to save others. Some it was their job but a lot just wanted to help their fellow countrymen & women. Then I am so grateful for our Troops who also signed up to serve their country no matter what. I am sure most did not expect to ever have to go fight a war that would last this long in this day and age but here we are 7 years later and our troops are still fighting. I have 2 brother both of who have served our country. My brother, Travis has been to Iraq & Afghanistan & by the grace of God came home safely. There are a lot who didn't and more who won't.
Never Forget the Sacrifice for all of those involved. We should support our Troops even if we do not support the reason they are over there. They are doing it for us.



Just as I will remember how far we as Americans have come in the last 8years. I will also remember how far I personally have come in Our Journey. Thank you again for all of the prayers & support.
Have a Memorable Weekend in our Country the Home of the Free & the Brave
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment