Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Our Labor Day Beach Trip



































































































As you can see from our pictures we had an awesome time. It was very relaxing and we almost all read at least one book. I think Shane read two. My mom said she has never seen so many reading people in one beach house at the same time. We discovered a new game called, "Imagine iff...." It was a lot of fun and a good family game. Even the kids were able to play and loved it.



We ate at the beach house the whole time. We had chicken Parmesan, salsa verde chicken casserole, shrimp boil, crab legs, waffles, biscuits & gravy, Audra's Hershey Cake & homemade ice cream. It was delicious. We could not have gone out and ate any better or cheaper.

It rained the day we left, which makes it easier to leave but I still hate leaving. I love the beach and the relaxation that it brings. The kids love it and play all day & sleep hard all night. Bella was able to get in the water for the first time and she loved it. She just crawled around on the sand and let the water come up on her and would laugh and keep on crawling.


As you can see from the one bad picture of me that my hair is really starting to come back in. It is starting to become a little more blond but is still pretty dark compared to what it was. Oh well. Still a long way too go.

I had a fill today, another on Friday & my last one on Monday morning. I am so ready not to have to go twice a week to have these fills done. It gets painful and sore the "bigger" you go. I am ready to feel somewhat normal. My fill today was not so bad. I actually felt really good today and was able to get a lot done today. Laundry, ironing (steaming)Caitlyn's dresses, going thru some stuff to donate to the school, & make homemade potato soup for dinner. Shane went to boot camp from 6-7pm so after the kids & I ate we went for a walk. We did about 1 1/2 miles. Not too bad. I just felt so good. This extra weight has really been bothering me but I have not had the energy to do anything about it. I hope how I felt today is a sign of how I will continue to improve and feel.


I start Radiation in a week and a half. Not this Monday but next Monday. I go on the 14th for them to do my "markings" & have another CAT scan done before they start. This apparently is too help them prepare and plan for the treatment of radiation itself. It takes a week to get those results and come up with a plan. I will find out more on Monday afternoon what that consists of.
Connor & Caitlyn both are feeling much better, but now Mom is feeling a little under the weather. Hopefully she doesn't come down with anything serious. Connor had another good day at school and Chandler always does. His biggest problem is getting him to read for his AR. Oh Well.
I think I will go for now. Just wanted to share the beach pictures with everyone. Have a great week.
Love,
Rachael Renea

2 comments:

  1. God is so awesome! Isn't there an old adage: one picture says a thousand words? You prove that right. I have dragged each picture into a folder. Now I have faces to go with names. Beautiful, beautiful family. Just remember God is Morphing you into His Beautiful Butterfly or His gorgeous Esponanza flowering bush. Whatever. Your ministry of hope will encourage other families who walk this path. I'm estatic you had such an awesome relaxing family time at the beach. Love and prayers, A. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a note I am praying for good test results today. Love and prayers, A. Mary

    ReplyDelete