Friday, September 11, 2009

What is Normal?

Caitlyn on the stairs after eating a tomato from the garden!
How blessed I am for a beautiful baby girl.
Hold Me Mama?


This has been an awesome week. I have felt more normal this week than I think I have since all of this started 7 months ago. It feels like forever. It is weird the simplest things that I have noticed this week that have made me feel normal.



1. Being able to put Caitlyn down for naps & at night to bed.
Getting her back to her routine.
2. Helping the boys with homework.
3. The smell of my Paul Mitchell hairspray.
(And Yes I actually have enough hair to use hairspray finally)
4. Doing my own laundry
5. Walking in the neighborhood 3 1-2 miles.
Crazy the things that you think nothing of "normally" & when you can't do it you want it back.
So I am very thankful for this week & feeling so great.
I had another fill today. Another 50 cc's. So think that puts me at 565 cc's all together. The most I can "hold" is 700-750. So I am almost there if I want to go "big". I feel like I am there all the time. Twice a week for about the last 5 weeks. So total when I am done will have been 13 fills. My radiation planning has been rescheduled to the 21st due to a board meeting the Shane & Mom need to attend. So that actually will give me the chance if I want for 2 extra fills. This week I have not been sore at all except in the mornings after my fills. I guess my skin is getting used to the stretching finally or my chest muscles have adjusted accordingly.
Wednesday Mom had to drive my truck to church for a Dave Ramsey Financial Class that she signed up for. Dustin needed her car to go to work because it was raining and he couldn't ride his motorcycle to work that night. Anyway she comes home and says, "You need new tires. 2009." And went to her room. So of course I am trying to figure out what the deal is. And apparently on her way to church the tire pressure light came on and she had to pull over to Sears. It was gushing out so fast by then she ran in to Sears before it got to the rim. There was some kind of metal piece in there. So they had to put the spare on the truck. So now it looks like a ghetto truck. LOL Anyway...I don't know if it was from the wreck and just now lodged it way into the tire itself and the air proceeded to gush or if it was just something on the road. Who knows.
I was talking to an old friend yesterday and told her, "It doesn't help to cry anymore over all this. So you can only laugh."
For the weekend we are having a lazy weekend at home without any plans to do anything. Yeah!! Sounds like fun Huh?? I think so. Shane is going to the Panther Game on Sunday and Chandler was invited to a friends to have a "Panther 1st Game Party". So he is excited about that. The rest of us will probably take a nap & Connor will probably play Xbox. He really does not like the fact that school gets out later this year and he has less play time. He was in tears over it yesterday. He will adjust I am sure.
I hope everyone has a safe & productive weekend.
Love,
Rachael

2 comments:

  1. Well Connor crying about school fits in with most Lassiter boys lol

    Caitlyn is so beautiful! I love her hair curled like that. I am also glad you got your princess. I was thinking earlier how all of our dad's that DID have a girl, they all only got one (except Bob D). I think it's made us girls closer: like sisters. Caitlyn is loved like the princess she is, just as all the girls had growing up. :)
    Speaking of tires, if Shane knew how bad the tires were on my truck, he would not have been happy with me having you ride to Meridian in it. :( yikes. I have had to buy 8 new tires in less than a month.
    so when do you have to decide how many more fills do you want? I'm glad it's not as painful now. I love ya lots and still praying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caty's hair is so cute! I like her bangs short like that, but it makes her look so grown up!

    ReplyDelete