Thursday, September 17, 2009

Survived or Surviving by Faith

Today on the way to my Echo for my heart I was listening to the local Christian Radio Station New Life 91.9. The topic of the morning was 'Things we have Survived or Surviving". I was so overcome with emotion at what I am surviving: Breast Cancer. At first, I wasn't going to call in because most of the calls were light and funny. But I thought of the scripture, "We overcome by the word of our testimony. What better way to thank God for all he has done in my life but to let everyone and as many people that I know how Thankful I am that he has brought me through Cancer. I know there are a lot of women who have gone thru this before me and more will have to go thru it until they find a cure. But I just wanted God to know publicly, "Thank You Jesus for giving me a second chance at life to be able to be with my wonderful husband, see my children grow up & live for him for as long as I can."


Thank you to the 91.9 Morning Team for allowing me to give a small part of my testimony.
You can see Erica's blog from this morning at www.newlife919.com



A few friends heard and texted or emailed me. That was kind of cool. Not my purpose but cool never the less.



My ankle is doing much better and I am able to walk on it more. Still a little sore but at least it wasn't broken and I would have to be in a cast on top of going thru Radiation.


Have a terrific Thursday,
Rachael


Faith never knows where it is being led,
But knows & loves the One who is leading.
-Oswald Chambers

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Mission Control : Rachel's testimony {ministry} has left the LAUNCHING pad As you proclaim the good news many women will be innoculated with HIS HOPE serum. God is an AWESOME GOD.
    Love and prayers, A. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. what another great door God opened for you to share your story Rach, that's SO like God. How many people will see your journey now? How many other women struggling through the different legs of the breast cancer journey will find comfort in your words?

    I love you beautiful cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed you on the radio but read the blog from 91.9 You are such a brave and strong woman.I have not posted before now but you have been in my prayers since I heard. I have followed your fight and cried many tears with you and for you. God is truly good and the power of prayer is awesome!Continued blessings

    ReplyDelete