Friday, February 27, 2009

For Better Or Worse


I haven't written in the last couple of days. I still feel pretty good considering but the last few days I kind of feel like I am car sick in the head & have been having killer heartburn but still all in all I am good. But if this is as bad as it gets as far as sideaffects, I'll take it.



Yessie & I hosted a jewelry party last night. It went over very well. We acquired some nice jewelry. Thank you to Jodi for sponsoring our "Premier Jewelry Party". It was a lot of fun. Thank you to all our guests for coming. It was a great "Girls Night Out".



Yesterday I took phenergan and that stuff messed me up. So I didn't take it today. But I think I was a little ambitious about the amount of energy I thought I had. Mom is moving in this weekend so I went to go help her but was too "chemo head" to be of any help. So Caitlyn & I came home and took a nap. Apparently, everyone was calling and I didn't answer the phone so of course Mom comes over in a panic to make sure I am OK.



I am not complaining though because it is much better than pucking my guts out or being nauseous all the time. Which, thank God, I have not had any of. I guess the chemo is kicking in and taking my energy. So now I have to learn to pace myself, which is not the easiest when there is so much I want to get done. I kind of feel like I am "nesting". But can't get it all done. Oh Well. I guess it will be there another day. Maybe God is teaching me a little patience in all this too. I feel bad for not being able to help Mom more but I am glad Yessie and I were able to get a good bit done before I started chemo on Monday.



Dustin & Shane just went to Outdoor World so Yessie & I are here with the kids. Caitlyn & Bella are so cute together. Caitlyn tries to play "little piggies" on Bella's toes saying, "Wee, Wee,Wee." It is adorable. I can't wait to see them growing up together. They are going to be quite the pair.


Shane I have to say has been awesome. Not that I expected anything less but it always amazes me how he comes thru for me. He has gotten the boys up everyday for school so I could sleep in, came home late from watching the boys for us to have the jewelry party and finished cleaning up and getting all 3 kids in bed so that I could go to bed myself. He is the best & I know it. I love you Babe and want you to know publicly that I really, really appreciate all you have been doing and do not take it for granted of how blessed I am to have a husband like you. For Better or Worse, Right? I guess for us this is our "worse" for now. But I know we will make it. Thank you for all your love and support. I couldn't do this without you.

I love you,

Forever & Ever Amen


Rachael

2 comments:

  1. Rach, I'm so glad you have Yessie, your mom and Shane...it's comforting to know that you are in good hands.

    I love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you do have a great 'support group'! Hang in there. You too Shane... You're awesome! And doing laundry to boot... WOW!!! Good for you! I admire you!

    ReplyDelete