Friday, February 20, 2009

My Haircut


Today I went and had my haircut short. Tabatha did a really good job. I still am not sure I like it. It doesn't look like me when I look in the mirror. My neighbor Ashley says it makes me look younger. My mom says, "It's Gorgeous!" Caitlyn patted it and said, "Har" So I think she noticed but still knew it was Mommy. So that made me feel better. I walk by the mirror and have to do a double take. This is literally the shortest my hair has been since I was probably 2 years old. It feels weird just turning my head and not having the weight of all my hair around my shoulders. My head feels lighter too. I reach back to pull it back out of habit and there is really nothing to grab or hold on to.

It was really hard to see all my hair laying there on the floor of the salon. But I know it is better this way so that when chemo starts next week and my hair starts falling out that it won't be so dramatic on top of everything else that I will be feeling. Mom says she will shave my head when I have to. I don't know. I think that would be really hard for her to have to do to her "Baby Girl" but I know she would it that is what I needed done. That is just mom. One of the reasons I love her so much.

I will post a picture later. Shane still has not seen it. So I will see him in about an hour to meet for our appointment at the oncologist office. I find out for sure when I start chemo and all the in's & outs of the treatment.

Love to all.
Rachael Renea.

PS. Aunt Janet mom says I look more like you with my new doo!!

4 comments:

  1. The cut is very cute, but it doesn't change who you are-always remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cute Babe!!! You do look like me. (20 years ago) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a friend of your Aunt Janet's here in Oregon. Just wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you in this journey...and yes, you do look a lot like your Aunt Janet with this hairdo :) Trina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chic, I'm jealous, you hair looks the BOMB. I love it. You look alot younger. Now I'm really jealous. Love Ya Chic

    ReplyDelete