Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Battle







Today is Sunday. The boys were up early so not much sleeping in. I have one day before I start chemo. I am trying not to think about it all the time. But today is hard.

I was "trying" to fix my hair for church this morning and became so frustrated. I am not used to having what feels like to me hardly any hair. It wouldn't flat iron so I had to go to the curling iron which I burned my forehead. OUCH!!! So I am a little aggravated with my hair. Probably by the time that I get used to doing it, It will start falling out. Go figure. Just my luck. Oh Well.

Caitlyn woke up with a cough this morning so Shane is staying home with her. I think he knew I wanted to and needed to really go to church this morning. I love that man.

I came down stairs and Shane of course said "You look beautiful!" I didn't feel like it. My head still hurt from burning it and by then I felt like I was all haggard. Connor looked so cute today with his little blazer on so we took a few pictures this morning before we left for church.

Church was really good. They sang one of my favorite songs right now, "Healer" I felt like it was just for me. And of course I sobbed thru the whole thing. But it was what I needed.
Then in the sermon Pastor Ross made a statement that kind of hit home for me in my situation.

He said, "There are no victories without any battles!" So I am looking at cancer as my battle and just on the other side of it is VICTORY!! I am looking forward to that part but first we have to go to battle. So tomorrow I begin mine. Chemotherapy. The first big step to fight my disease.

I am so thankful for all the notes that have been posted on my blog. It has been good, cheap, & therapeutic for me. I have heard from friends and family as well as some across the country that I don't even know that are survivors of this horrible disease and are now cheering me on to the finish line of "My Battle" I look forward to seeing and talking to all of you there.

All my love,

Rachael

3 comments:

  1. Your hair looks gorgeous! I will be praying for you tomorrow as you start your chemo.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael,

    You look fabulous girl! I love the haircut! Patrick said that you and the boys dropped by after church and he went on and on about how gorgeous you are! Makes me want to get a new look! You know we are praying hard (my knees are sore). We love you all so much and are here for you if you need ANYTHING!

    Love- Stacey, Patrick, Sydney and Heath : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I woke up praying for you today Rach!! Yesterday at church our pastor preached about the power in prayer and me and mom just started crying and praying for you!! THERE IS POWER IN PRAYER!!! And we are praying for you girl everyday!Josh has been wearing his breast cancer awareness pin to show his support! Dad said you look beautiful! We love you very much girl!

    ReplyDelete