Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another Small Victory


Today I woke up feeling really good and refreshed. Shane's mom has been here since Sunday evening and has been helping get the boys up for school. So I have been able to sleep in. She has done all my laundry last week and this week. It has really been nice not to have to worry about that. Thank you so much Chris. Your help is more appreciated than you know and I love you so much. You are a wonderful mother-in-law and I am so glad you are mine. God has truly has blessed our family. We love you!!!


I cleaned out the guest room downstairs getting ready for Mom to move in this weekend. After that I started feeling a little tired so I laid down for about 30min and felt a little more rested. Then Yessie came and picked me up because she wanted to go and check out the new IKEA store. We got a lot of good ideas for her office/guest room including what to paint it. So now I have another paint job. It will look really good when it is done though. We are going to paint it a deep plum color and accent it with white/black. The daybed will act as a couch/guest bed which is black wrought iron. It is going to be gorgeous. I can't wait to get started.


That trip though pretty much wiped me out. So I came home started the boys on homework for Yessie to finish helping them, said good bye to Chris who was leaving & went and took a 2 hour nap. I never do that. But it felt good. Tony brought over from House of Taipei Chinese for dinner tonight. It was so good. Thank you Tony. It was nice getting to spend sometime with you and just chatting.


So all in all it was a good day not a productive as yesterday. But still pretty good. I don't know if it will always be like this but I am glad it is this week because we have so much going on and things we are trying to do. So it is working out well. Maybe I will be one of the few who do not get sick from chemo. It that even possible? With God it can be!! Time will tell.


Thank you to everyone who has been helping out and all the kind words. They are truly an encouragement to me and my family.


Love,

Rachael

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for going with me to IKEA today! I know you were tired and wiped out afterwards but Im glad we went to see what our next project will be! I am so happy you have been well so far! I am glad I get to help you because you have always been there for me so in return I am happy to serve and help you! -Love you more than ever for being so strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazingly strong and your courage in fighting this just makes you so much stronger.
    I am so thankful you take the time to keep us all updated and with a smile on your face. The way you handle your journey is such an inspiration to me. I'm comforted that you have so many people that love you and can help take care of you and the family.
    ~keep on believing for the miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET! I AM SO THANKFUL THAT YOU HAD ANOTHER GREAT DAY! IT SOUNDS LIKE A REGULAR DAY FOR ME RIGHT NOW! GET UP, TAKE A NAP, GET UP AND DO SOMETHING, TAKE A NAP! WE ARE ON THE SAME SCHEDULE NOW! LOL
    LOVE YA NIK

    ReplyDelete