Monday, May 18, 2009

Coming Back Home


Me and the guys.




Kenneth & Colton
They are brother in laws




My cousins right to left. Kenneth, Colton, & Josh
They were having way too much fun with the wigs.

Caitlyn looks like a babydoll and Andrew looks like a little "Enders BabyGirl"




My cousin Josh





My cousin Charity & I


Above are a few pictures from my trip to Oregon/Idaho. My cousins had a blast trying on all my different wigs. Who knew it could be so fun. I was able to see a few of my family members there, but not all of them. I wasn't there long enough. But I am thankful for the time I had there and the ones I did get to see. To put it in perspective I have my dad, grandma, 10 aunts and uncles, 25 cousins not including spouses that would be and additional 3 & 7 second cousins. So as you can see we have a big family up there and not enough time. It is neat to see my kids with my cousins kids playing and hanging out like we all used to when we were little. My boys love to go up there every summer for at least 2 weeks. There is nothing like family & nothing like cancer to make you really appreciate what is important.





Nikki, my cousin that had the baby is doing much better. If she takes her medicine and not try to be superwoman with no drugs. LOL She is doing really good adjusting to having 2 boys. Andrew loves being a big brother but not so sure on the lack of attention. And sometimes forgets about Mommy's booboo. But overall I think all is well. I miss them already. I see the picture of little Ryker and already miss being there. He will change so much till I go back in July. We are so excited to be able to go when we thought it might not be a possiblity. It makes you even more thankful.





Our flight left Boise around 10:40. It was delayed a half hour so we arrived in San Fransisco a little shy of 2 hours. Caitlyn slept the whole way. She did really well. I sat beside a lady named Linda. She was so nice. I shared with her a little of my story and found out that her mom had passed away when she was only 13. How sad for her but she told me when that happened she found Jesus and knew she would always have a loving Father to turn too. How great is that!!! That goes to show you that you never know the purpose of things that happen in your life but God does and he has a plan.

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope.


Anyway, we landed about 10pm last night. We got home my mom and the boys had been very busy planting flowers in the yard. My yard looks awesome. It is so pretty. I absolutely love it. Thank you so much Mom. I really do like everything. Next, I came in took a shower with Caitlyn, made her a bottle and Shane put her to sleep. Caitlyn definitely missed her Da Da. She kept calling for Da Da and brubers on the plane. So she didn't mind Daddy putting her to sleep. Needless to say it was almost 12am by the time we went to bed and poor Shane got up at 4am. I am tired so I know he is. Mine is probably more jet lag too. But overall I feel fine.


Caitlyn woke up this morning after we left not feeling good still with a low grade fever. I really think she has had an ear infection coming on. She has claw marks in her ear and kept pulling on them. So I had mom call her pediatrician to call in an antibiotic. Poor Baby. Mom said she is just laying around. I love how loving they are when they don't feel good and want you to hold them but I hate that she is hurting. So in Jesus Name I claim her healing.



I have chemotherapy today. We picked up my emend this morning and got here about 10am. We saw Dr. Limentani also. He doesn't even check my breast anymore. He said, "I can't check what I can't feel!!" I know that sounds weird but that is good news because he can't even find my tumors anymore. Thank you Jesus. My blood counts were too low only 1200. Apparently it should be closer to 15oo so I have to come back tomorrow and get a shot. YUCK YUCK OUCH!!!!! They said one of the side affects is sore joints like when you get the flu and are all achy. Wow, just what I wanted to feel like.



On a funny note, a gentleman sitting next to me is having his first round of chemo today. I told him probably by day 15 that he would lose his hair. I told him he would probably look better than I do bald. LOL He said, "Yeah I probably will!" Shane said he didn't totally understand what I said. But it was funny anyway. He is an elderly gentleman probably in his 60's or so. But a super nice guy. We both missed church yesterday. I was flying and he was recovering from having his port put in on Friday. So we listened to some Israel Houghton and Chris Tomlin and he had his bible out reading. The nurse came by and said, "Wow you got the big guns over here today." That is for sure.



Shane and I will probably go to a movie and dinner tonight. I am looking forward to that seeing as how I haven't seen him in a week. I really missed him. He is such an awesome husband. Everyone should have a man like mine. I am really thankful and blessed. I have great kids and parents too. I love my whole family.

Well I am going to go for now. My treatment is almost done. Thank you again to everyone for your thoughts & prayers. It means more to me than you will probably ever know.


Love,
Me
PS. Chandler has his EOG test tomorrow. Please keep him in your prayers. He is very worried.

Also I will tell you about my meal tomorrow. It was really good. But I took my sleepy medicine and I am doing so go as to not fall out off this chair to finish this post and add the pictures. I will also put some on Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chandler, I am praying that you do well on your test. Eat a good breakfast and take breaks whenever you can. Love your cousin, Colton

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure when you went wig shopping, you never thought the men in our family would look so good with long hair huh? lol What a blast! I'm glad I got to see some of it going on while I was there.

    I'm so thankful that it was a good week for you and you were able to come be with us for awhile-I'm sure Nikki appreciated it more than any of us ;-)

    You know, I was thinking about the gentleman beside you and I think you are probably such a light to others around you in that room-you are so positive in this journey!

    I am anxious for July to get here! :) Can't wait to see you again!

    love ya girl

    ReplyDelete