Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day











Happy Mothers Day to all the Mom's out there. I know today is a special day for all of us. This year is especially special to me for obvious reasons. I know that there are some that do not have their Mom's with them this year. My heart aches and goes out to each and everyone of you. I am so blessed to have my mom with me. She is such a blessing to our family and I am glad she is with us and lives with us to help me out whenever I need it. She keeps saying that I am going to kick her out because I am doing so well. I would never do that and I do appreciate all she does. It keeps me from feeling overwhelmed. Thank you Mom. I love you.



Caitlyn the last few weeks in church when the preaching starts she thinks that she can start talking in church. She refuses and cries the whole time if I put her in the nursery so she stays with us. Anyway usually a lit te ways into the preaching Shane usually has to take her out to the Wiggle Giggle room. Anyway today when Pastor Rick got up Caitlyn tells Shane, "Dada Go Go" LOL She thought the Pastors up there and it is time to go out. It was too funny & really cute. We will have to work on that one.


Today at church, Pastor Rick & Marvel Pope spoke about the faith of the woman with the issue of blood. (Found in Mark 5:21-34. One of the things that Marvel spoke on was "blessed interruptions" in our lives. Sometimes things happen in our lives that are not planned or expected. It could be the birth of an "unplanned" baby, just slowing down to enjoy our children, or sickness. For me, mine is my cancer. I never would have thought that I would consider this a "blessed interruption". But a lot of good has come from my cancer. I have slowed down to enjoy my children more, some things are just not as important as I once thought, I cherish every moment with my family that much more, I have discovered blogging, I have met new "survivor friends", I love my husband that much more for being by my side thru this, & I have a new appreciation for my hair that I never had before. She said that we need to slow down to notice our divine appointments. Mine are my Monday's. LOL As I have said before, Shane and I get a long while to talk and go out on dates that without cancer might not have happened. At least not as often. And we truly do cherish every moment together.


Another thought that came to me as he spoke about Jesus on the boat when he fell asleep. I admit when all of this first happened I felt like God had fallen asleep in my "boat of life". But Oh how wrong I was. He has been here right beside me the whole way. Yes I have had some bad days but the good ones Far Out Weigh the bad. I am so thankful for the many blessings that have come my way since all of this has happened. It seems like a lifetime ago but it was only 90 days ago. It is amazing what sometimes God will use to change us and those around us. I hope I have learned what he intended so that I don't have to do it again.


This morning Shane and the boys brought me breakfast in bed & then gave me all of my cards and gifts. After church, Shane & the kids took my mom and I out for lunch today at Fleming's Steakhouse downtown Charlotte. Tio Jesse & Tia Marta went with us also. They helped us so much over the weekend with the yard sale and we really appreciated it. Dinner was delicious as usual. Thank you Babe for an awesome meal and day.



Saturday was our neighborhood yard sale. We had an awesome turn out. We were putting things out at 6:30 or so and there were already people coming. It was crazy. Some of my neighbors also hosted a bake sale for breast cancer and donated all the proceeds for me. I am so thankful for them thinking of us in that way. They raised $250. I was going to use it to pay the hospital bills but they said to spend it on me for something for myself. Again I just want to say Thank you to all my neighbors for participating and buying. I love our neighborhood and I am so grateful to have such wonderful and thoughtful neighbors. So we shall see. I was so glad to get rid of our "junk". We sold just about everything and donated the rest to the boy scouts who are having a yard sale later this month.



So we have had an awesome weekend. I am so thankful to be a Mom and for my Mom. If you haven't already please call your mom. Cherish every moment and live like there is no tomorrow.
Have a great week!!!
Rachael

1 comment:

  1. you are awesome girl! I miss you so much! I hope you do get to come this summer, even if only for a short time-it just wouldn't seem the same without you being here!

    Happy Mother's Day! I love you!

    ReplyDelete