Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Surprises & Adjustments

Ryker Jay Enders
May 8, 2009

This is the newest member of our family, Little Ryker. He is a really good baby and so sweet. For one of my Mother's Day gifts, Shane got me a plane ticket to come and see my cousin Nikki and her new baby boy. I really wanted to come to help Nikki out on her first week home but didn't think it was possible with my treatments and everything. But he managed to get me a ticket to fly out Tuesday morning and come home Sunday night. I have chemo on Monday so I have to come home. But I am so thankful to have this time to be here. My hubby thinks of everything. He is the best. I know I am really blessed to have such an awesome husband.

Andrew is having a little of an adjustment period. He is not jealous but is not used to having not as much attention. So today we played 5 games just me & him while mommy & Ryker took a nap and then we took a nap when he started to get a little whinny. But overall he is doing pretty good in his new role as a big brother. He just comes and hugs & kisses on Ryker all the time. I am sure he will be fine but it is an adjustment for a little boy who will be 5 next month and the only child to have to share Mommy & Daddy's attention.

Caitlyn did really well on the flight over. I had to hold her the whole time but she did good on both flights. The landing on the second flight was really rough. If there is any way a plane can "fishtail" this plane was. I was in row 9 but I could feel the back fishtailing. It was really windy but I was looking for the "barf bag". It was miserable. Caitlyn even started to feel it too. She cried a little bit and then I sang "Jesus Loves Me" and she calmed down and we finally landed. I was so glad to see land.

Dad picked me up from the airport and then we went to my Grandma Shirley's because Nikki was not home yet. Grandma was out back and when Colton went to go get her, she came in and didn't even recognize me. She looked at me like , I know you but who are you. My hair was totally different than she has ever seen it and she just didn't recognize me with the wig on. I had the short and sassy one on.

When Nikki finally came by Grandma's to pick up her dinner that some of the church family had brought over, she came in and I walked into the kitchen and she just looked at me and stuttered, "Wh..Wh..What are you doing here" I gave her a hug and told her Happy Mother's Day. She was just in shock. She didn't really say a whole lot at first. She couldn't believe I was really there. I was so glad I got to surprise her. It was a lot of fun.

I am still feeling really good this week. This is usually the easy week anyway so that is good. Caitlyn is a little fussy. I thought maybe she had an ear infection but the doctor on Monday said she didn't so I don't know if she just has teeth coming in or what. But hopefully she will start feeling better soon. I hate that she can't tell me what is wrong so I can try and fix it. So for now Motrin, Tylenol & prayer will have to work.

I miss my husband & boys and you too Mom but I am so glad to be able to be here.

Thank you Shane and Mom for making it possible.

Good Night

Rachael


2 comments:

  1. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING RACH,
    TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY I AM FEELING BETTER AND I AM SO THANKFUL TO YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME AND THE BOYS! YOU ARE AN AMAZING FRIEND AND COUSIN... JUST THE THOUGHT THAT YOU WOULD MAKE IT HERE TO HELP ME IS OVERWHELMING, BUT TO BE IN THE PLACE WHERE YOU ARE AT AND TO WANT TO SACRIFICE YOUR TIME TO SHARE WITH ME AND TAKE CARE OF ME IS TRULY AMAZING! YOUR FRIENDSHIP MEANS SO MUCH TO ME AND I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! YOU ARE MORE THAN JUST A COUSIN YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND AND I TREASURE WHAT KIND OF FRIENDSHIP WE HAVE BUILT! THANK YOU AGAIN FOR EVERYTHING!
    I LOVE YOU, NIK

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like Nikki!! Awww! Tell her congrats and that I love and miss her!! I hope I get to see them soon. Shane is the best!! He could really teach you-know-who a few pointers! lol! I didn't say that... I miss everybody like crazy! I hate that I have to work all the time now. But I do have next week off! yippie!! (They're at Disney World) I hope I can get to Harrisburg and see ya'll. Call and let me know the best time to come. I know with chemo and everthing you may not be up to too much company. Love you bunches! Kiss Catie Bug for me.

    Love always,
    Audra

    ReplyDelete