Monday, May 4, 2009

One Long Busy Weekend




















Long Time No Blogging!! Huh??!! Sorry. It has been a crazy weekend. On Thursday & Friday, I literally spent all day going thru the boys toys, books, clothes, rooms, & playroom. We switched their rooms and closets brought in a queen bed for Chandler's room and put their new bedspreads on. The painters are coming today to paint the playroom, boys bathroom, & bedrooms. So everything had to come out away from the walls.


On Friday after Shane got home from work, we went to the Great Wolf Lodge in Concord. The kids loved it. Caitlyn doesn't like for water to be splashed in her face but loves the water. It is pretty enclosed so the boys would go do their thing and then come back to us and check in and then take off again. Caitlyn liked the wave pool just running in and out of the water. Chandler was pretty obstinate when it came to going on something he thought he would get sick on or too scary. Connor was 1inch too short for some of the bigger rides. Otherwise he would have rode everything.


We finished the waterpark at around 7:00pm, took showers and then went to dinner at a buffet in the Lodge. They had a mini kids buffet that the kids thought was pretty cool. It was just their level. Other than having to wait about 20 minutes just to get a drink it was good. After dinner we hit the arcade. The boys obviously enjoyed it more than Caitlyn but it was still fun. Around 9:30pm I left to get Caitlyn in bed and the boys stayed with Shane for a while longer. I had just gotten Caitlyn to sleep and Chandler decided to knock on the door instead of letting Shane open it with his armband. So of course she woke up, was afraid we were going to leave her in this strange place, and wanted her Daddy. So everytime I tried to put her in the crib she would wake up saying, "DaDa". It was a queen bed with all 3 of us. We had to leave the armbands on which annoyed me trying to sleep. Needless to say it was a long night. I now remember why I don't have my kids sleep with me. I hate feet in my back. Oh Well.


We got up Saturday morning and ate at the buffet again. Then headed for the waterpark. Check out is at 11am but they let you use the waterpark till they close at 9pm. Connor had a birthday party at 2pm so we stayed until about 12:45pm and headed home. By the time we got home Caitlyn and myself were so ready for a nap. We took showers and went to bed. I was exhausted. Mom was planting veggies and plants in the yard. I felt bad for not helping but I was too tired. Shane dropped Connor off at his birthday party which was till 5pm. I sleep till about 3:45pm.

Travis had come down the night before so Audra & him came over to spend the day. Shane, Travis and Audra decided to go watch Wolverine. Not my cup of tea so I didn't go. I read a book instead. Caitlyn sleep till almost 6pm. She was wore out. By this time, my headaches had started in. Which is usual for the week after chemo, but I still despise getting them. Especially when they make me dizzy. I feel so out of sorts and the only thing to help is to sit still and not move around. Then I feel lazy with everyone waiting on me and having to take care of my kids. These hot flashes.....SUCK!!!!! It is miserable. I am having one as I sit here typing.


On Sunday, I woke up with a headache and feeling lightheaded. I still got dressed and ready for church. But I felt horrible. We got to the front of the subdivision and I asked Shane to take me back home. I knew I wouldn't feel any better once I got to church trying to stand up. So I came home, changed and layed down to finish my book. It was weird being the only one home. It was so quiet. But as long as I didn't get up I felt OK. Mom came home and fixed me a sandwich. Then Shane and the kids came home and I put Caitlyn down for a nap and the boys played with some long lost toys we had discovered in our cleaning spree. I still needed to finish going thru some of the boys stuff and put in their drawers. So I just sat on the floor and had them help me get it done.


Chandler went down to the neighbors, The Tillmans, to study for his EOG tests with Heath. He is so worried about this stupid test. It is on May 19th. He literally is in tears about once a week over them. If he doesn't pass this test he fails the 3rd grade. He has had all A's & B's this year and of course is well behaved. But apparently for the state of NC that does not matter. He keeps asking Mom and I to pray he does good. I hate it. I feel so bad for him. It is the first year they have to take bubble tests and you know if you mess up one line or number all your answers will be wrong. I know he has to learn eventually but I really don't like the EOG's. I really think it puts a lot of pressure on the teachers too. They have to teach what is on the EOG's and a lot of time that can restrict what they do and can't do. So keep Chandler in your prayers especially on the 19th.


Today Travis left to go home to Ohio to continue working thru the summer. The painters came about 9:30am. So they are upstairs now. Apparently my patching up the holes in all the walls wasn't very good. The putty was too thick or something. I was only trying to help but oh well hopefully they will be able to finish in a day or so. The boys are so excited to see their rooms. I am just ready for the upstairs to be clean and organized again. I have my herceptin treatment today. Mom is taking me and Shane is going to watch the kids. So it is a full day as usual in the Higginbotham Household.


The one thing I am really excited about this week is the birth of my newest cousin. Little Ryker Jay Enders. Nikki is having a C-section on the 8th. I hope and pray that everything goes well. I can't wait to see and hold my newest little man. I wish I could be there Nik. You know I would. Love you and you all will be in my prayers this week.


Love to all,
Rachael






3 comments:

  1. Hey, I think you need to slow down girl! It seems as though you never stop! lol It sounds like you all had lots of fun on your weekend trip! I'm sorry you are still having hot flashes and headaches! Yuck-o! How does the paint job look? I am excited to see how the rooms turned out!
    I have been thinking about you a lot and I hope that you are still keeping up in spirit! You look great and you sound okay, but I think I just need to talk to you before I can know for sure! We miss you guys so much! Can't wait to see you in July!
    I am feeling pretty well! Have another dr. appt. tomorrow and so on... they hope my blood pressure has gone down! It has been too high! Anyways, I'm not worrying about it! I know that I am taken care of!!!!!
    Well, call me when you get a chance! Also, the cakes turned out beautiful! Love ya, Nik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rach, lost my master piece of litature had lunch with Ryker J. Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cakes are beautiful! What sweet friends (no pun intended)!

    The water park sounds like a ton of fun and the pictures look like everyone enjoyed it. :) That's so cool.

    My kids have ISAT's spread out over a couple of weeks and we feel the same way about them that you do. Tell Chandler we will be praying for him to do well and we love him. That is WAY too much stress for a kid to have to deal with.

    We can't wait for you to come back out here. Let me know when you get dates so I can work it out for Lexi to see ya'll too.

    ReplyDelete