Thursday, May 21, 2009

Continuing On

Well, I didn't end up having to get my shot. Thank you Jesus. We were getting ready to get off the exit when Helen my nurse from the oncologist office called and said she had reviewed all of my blood results and felt that I wouldn't need it. So I didn't go after all. So mom and I went to Kohl's and got a few things. I needed a few things for the boys bathroom and bedrooms. Then I had a dentist appointment for my bridge that came loose at the airport while eating an awesome BLT sandwich. Anyway, I am going to have to have it replaced. More $$ but they are trying to work something out for me so it won't be so expensive under the circumstances. Every little bit helps that is for sure. After my dentist appointment we ate at a Mexican Restaurant next door and had street tacos. They were really good.


On the way home we stopped at Target and ended up being there for 2 hours or more and got home late around 9pm. Yikes. Shane had all the kids in bed already. So that was nice to come home to. Because I was really tired by that time.


This has been a pretty good week. I am a lot more tired this week than usual. I think it is just the overall business of the last week. The trip to Oregon, JetLag, Chemo and getting back into a routine. My neighbor Stacie had given me a gift certificate for a Pedicure so I went and used that today to pamper myself. That was awesome. Thank you so much Stacie and Han for doing it. You guys are the best.


I have been trying for the last three weeks to schedule my surgery but they haven't had the Surgeon's Schedule available until now. So my Mastectomy is officially set up for July 22, 2009. I think if the Dr. Turk says it is OK I am going to go ahead and have them both removed. But I don't know. Either way I think it is going to be hard but I can't decide if it will be harder to see myself with one breast or just have them both gone. So many decisions to make. Now that it is actually scheduled it makes it a lot more real. The reality of what I am going to have to do I think is going to be a lot harder than I thought. A "big" well maybe "medium" part of me is going to be gone and won't come back like my hair. Granted it won't be as visable as my hair, but I know when I am alone I think it will be very hard to deal with and to look at. I know I am going to worry how Shane will look at me or think. I know regardless he will still love me but you can't help but wonder what he really will think when he sees me that way. I don't know what I will think myself. So I guess we will have to wait, pray, & see what happens.


Chandler is finally done with his EOG's. Thank you for all the prayers. We still don't know the results yet but I will let everyone know when we get them. He is so relieved that it is over. He asked me tonight,"Mom seeing as how I worked so hard all week can I take the day off tomorrow?" LOL Funny guy!! I said no but maybe I will give in and pick them up early. The shop is closed tomorrow, but Shane is going in to do invoicing and then going to play golf with Dustin and a couple of guys. So I hope they have a good time.


Please keep Papa Fred, Shane's Grandpa who is 80 fell yesterday and broke his hip and had to have surgery today. He was in a lot of pain and will have to have rehabilitation and everything. So he could be in the hospital for a while. We love you Papa and are praying for your quick recovery.

Good Night to All,
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment