Friday, May 8, 2009

Still Busy & Feeling Great

This week the painters were here on Monday & Tuesday, so now I have been trying to get everything put back in it's place upstairs. We ended up having them repaint the walls going up the stairs and the hallways upstairs. They were in desperate need of touching up. It looks and smells new. I love it. The boys "wing" of the house turned out really well also. (Did I use well correctly?) Anyway, we are slowly getting the kids rooms decorated. They really like them. I have to be careful with the brotherly competition of who gets what in their rooms. If Chandler gets something Connor wants it. You know how it is. But they are really coming along. I still need pictures for the walls mainly. Connor's is space type things & Chandler's is Star Wars Clone Wars. I have no idea what type of theme for the bathroom or the playroom. I can't find anything that just really jumps out and screams Buy Me. Which I am sure Shane is totally fine with. That means I am not spending $$$$. Any ideas: Boys Playroom & the Bathroom????


I have felt great all week. Just that first weekend after chemo hits me like a ton of bricks on my head. But it is only lasting about 2 days instead of 10 like it was in the beginning. So that is totally awesome. I can handle that. I feel like I got a lot done this week upstairs and it feels so good to know that I got rid of so much stuff. Just hopefully someone will buy all this stuff. If not the Kidney Foundation is picking up all the extras after the yard sale. Plus a lot of the nicer toys & books of the boys we are going to take down to the local Children's Hospital to donate and pass out to the kids there. So I think it will be a good experience for the boys to give back to others in need. They also have a ton of ball caps that don't fit their big heads any more. So I asked them what they wanted to do with them. Sell them or what? They said maybe some kids who had cancer like me would want to wear them like I wear my hats at home all the time. I thought that was really sweet. Maybe we are doing something right raising those boys. Good Job Babe!!!


My mom thinks that I am really spoiled by Shane. She makes smart aleck comments all the time. She can't believe that he changes the light bulbs in the house, cleans up the kitchen after dinner, helps out a lot with the kids, sometimes tells me to go out by myself or with the girls and watch a movie or dinner & a lot of time I never have to pump my own gas. She would really freak out if she knew I literally have only had my oil changed once in over 13 years. Shane always takes care of that for me too. I guess she will know now. I just made a really good choice 14 years ago and am reaping the benefits of it. I don't know that I really tell Shane how much I do appreciate all that he does spoil me. But I really do appreciate you. You are the best husband a wife could ask for. I love you & hope you know how much!!!


Well right about now, my cousin Nikki is laying on an operating table getting ready to have a C-section to have little Ryker Jay Enders. I can't wait to hear all the stats on him. She had to be there at 4:30 am to get prepped. I know they are just ecstatic about this new baby. Good Luck Nikki. We are praying for a safe delivery & a healthy baby. Love ya.


Well Caitlyn is starting to wake up and I have to go start on working on yard sale stuff and go by the dry cleaners to drop of Shane's suit, laundry and just the usual daily stuff that needs to be done everyday in the life of a stay at home mom. Busy Busy Busy!!! I know all of you moms out there know what I am talking about. Especially the more you have. I am really looking forward to Mother's Day this weekend. I guess going thru all of this makes you really appreciate somethings a lot more than you did before.


Have a great weekend,
Rachael

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    You don't know me, but I wanted to let you know you and your lovely family are in my thoughts and prayers. I also wanted to wish you a Blessed Mother's Day! May God Bless you and your family!

    The rosary is my favorite devotion. I will remember you, your family, and your intentions in my daily rosary.

    http://hailmaryfullofgrace-mt.blogspot.com/

    May God Bless you!

    Love,
    Maria Therese In Mass

    ReplyDelete