Thursday, August 13, 2009

I am a Survivor

Well I guess now I can officially say, " I AM A SURVIVOR!!" It is a little weird because of how I feel, look & everything that I still have to go thru I feel like I still have breast cancer. It is still a long road to haul. So even though I have the free and clear it doesn't feel like it is "GONE"

I am feeling better each day stronger just really sore. Everyday Mom or Shane asks how I feel and I feel like a broken record, "Sore" but that is how I feel.

My mom dyed my grey hair the other night. It was just a semi permanent. I didn't want to damage what little hair I do have. It seems to be growing more now that I am done with chemo. Thank God. My eyebrows and lashes are also coming back in.

The boys have one more week before they start back to school. I am not really ready for that but I am sure it will make things a little easier on Mom. Although they pretty much take care of themselves for the most part. Caitlyn is really going to miss them. She calls Chandler "Bruber Chander" It is too cute. She loves her brothers. And he has been a big help. When mom can't he puts Caitlyn on the changing table or in the crib for me. Connor helps too by playing with her a lot in her room or downstairs. I will miss them when they are gone all day. I just hope they have really good teachers this year.

Shane is working in Charleston today and will be back tomorrow. I miss him already knowing he won't be home tonight.

Audra took the kids today to a indoor play area for several hours. That was a big help to mom so she could get work done here. Travis is coming home tomorrow so that will be nice. He hasn't been home in about 3 weeks. I haven't seen him since my surgery. I hate when he is away. I will be so glad when he settles down, gets married, has some kids and is closer to home. The kids have really gotten attached to him since he got out of the military he has been home so much more.

Well I am going to go for now.
All my love
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment