Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Song of Your Life

Pastor Anthony Calvert preached about "The Song of your Life" & "Singing in the Rain". It reminded me of the plate I had bought for my mom 9 months ago. It said:

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to be over
But learning to Dance in the Rain"
It made me really think, "What is my Life Song?". I don't really know but I know I will be thinking about it this week. One of the points that Pastor Anthony spoke was the fact that "Your Song" shouldn't stop during difficult times. It is easy to have a song when everything is going great. That I have definitely learned in 2009. But do you still sing that song when things are not so perfect in your life? The question in life is not if but when trouble comes how will you handle it. God can use your trouble to bring others to him. I think one of the most eye opening things that I have learned going thru a "trial" is that people are watching you. They are seeing how you are going to handle all of this under pressure, peers that have known you all your life or at least most of it are wondering, "Is she going to blame God and turn her back on him now?", was she all talk & no walk? So many questions with so many eyes. But I can honestly say I have not thought of turning my back on Him for one moment during any of this. It would be pointless.
So the next time we are going thru something I think we have to try not to be self centered and think God is doing us in & try to look at it as if God is using us maybe to help someone else.
Today we decided to go visit the cfa @ 29N near China Grove. It was literally a last minute decision as we were driving to church today. We wanted to see some friends that we had not seen in several months. So this was not planned at all. However, in the midst of the sermon, Pastor Anthony was talking about trials and he said verbatim, "Satan is attacking your small business & has brought cancer in your home." And then just proceeded with his sermon mentioned above. Wow!!! That is so us right now. It is not a coincidence, It was God. That was too on the spot and we just happened to be sitting in that service. Amazing & Wonderful. I had just prayed the day before with the boys in our nightly prayers, "God give us a sign, let us know you are still in control." Boy did He ever.
It never ceases to amaze me that God will take a moment for individual care for us personally. He is God & yet he takes the time to let us know He Knows. Just like the sparrow that falls and the hairs on our heads. Or in some of our cases the lack thereof. LOL
So today I am once again encouraged that God does have a plan & is still in control. I can't give up now because apparently God hasn't given up yet either. He told me so today!!!!!
Have an Marvelous Monday,
Rachael
Prayer Request: We have a new Realtor for 14 Jacobs Ridge House. We still need to sell it ASAP. Pray that the Realtor will have some connections/ideas and it will sell very soon. Thank you so much.

2 comments:

  1. You got that right. He has promised never to forsake us or leave us alone.
    The chief of all liers, satan, would just love us to forget Our loving Father's Promises. Soooo start composing and choreographing your testimonial song and dance of your life sweet lady. I'll be praying for the just right buyer for your house. Love and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still trying not to be surprised when I find myself somewhere that God uses a person or circumstance to speak to me. But I guess that's part of being human huh?

    I'm so glad to hear things are going so well for you all.

    Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete