Sunday, August 23, 2009

Prayer

On Friday I had another fill. This one was not so comfortable. I was pretty sore this weekend but feeling better today. Just tired. I think I overdid it shopping with Shane and Chandler for school clothes on Saturday. No nap. Chris, Shane's mom, stayed with us till Saturday afternoon. It was so nice to have her spend a few days with us. We all went out to eat at Tsunami on Friday night and then went shopping for school supplies for the boys. On Saturday, she went and did my grocery shopping for us. That was so awesome and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful mother in law that is so willing to help us out. The boys met their teachers. Connor is now excited to start school because he says his teacher is really, really nice. So I am glad for that. They start Tuesday. Wow!! The summer really flew by.




Today Pastor Doug Witherup talked about a "Praying Church". His text was from Acts Chapter 12 about when Peter was in prison. The church was praying for his release but even in the midst of Peter being in prison according to vs. 6 he rested. How can that be? Well I guess because he knew who was in control & maybe just the fact that he was tired but I like the first idea better.



He was saying how even in the midst of your trials/prison/chains that you are going thru that could be your testimony or example to those around you. That meant a lot to me because sometimes when you are going thru "IT", it is hard to feel like you are doing anything of value to God. But maybe how you handle it can really be your testimony. I know some days my testimony is not so good or depressing and for that I am sorry, but human. I am trying and we are slowly making to the other side. But I think under the circumstances we have all done pretty well.



Back to the sermon, when Peter finally arrived at the home of all the people that were praying for him that didn't believe it and he was left standing out in the cold. Just waiting. Pastor Doug said something so profound but simple. "Sometimes the answer to our prayers in right there at the door and all God is waiting for is for us to open the door." It seems so simple but that is all that we have to do.


I think a lot of times we try to make it too hard and God is just standing there knocking & waiting at the door with our answer. Why do we do that? Human nature I expect. But I for one am going to try a lot harder not only to hear that small still voice but also that gentle knocking on the door.

Good Night
Have a great Week
Rachael

5 comments:

  1. Good morning beautiful sweet lady. So thrilled you are experiencing a brighter prespective on your wonderful healing. May I suggest you update your profile to "I AM NOW CANCER FREE" !!!!I Declare it from the roof tops... You have no idea how your testimony will inspire and encourage others women. God has added a new dimension to your life ministry. The Joy of the Lord is your strength... You can take that verse to the bank. Woo hoo. Go Girl Go! Love and prayers, A. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a friend of Charity's. I, for one, can let you know that your walk through this trial (and your life in general), has definitely been a testimony of encouragement to her...and now me! Press on dear sister. Your tender heart is evident, even though I've never met you. Jesus can do anything with that!! Grace & peace & recovery to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I think I will try and listen to God a little better too! I am glad you are feeling better but wish you were over this whole thing completley! I love you and I am still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Aunt Mary is bubbling over with an idea I feel is partialy from the Lord. Way to go Cancer Free girl! For consideration...Have Shane, Chandler, Conner, and Caitlyn, anyone else who want to help in your celebration party. Like dress is funny costumes, Shane/ children create script a victory dance. I remember they made awesome pictures for me. How about a little video for facebook ..and the children's memory book. Serve "pink ribbon" cookies or cake, pink lemonade, pink ice cream etc. Go wild with your creative mind.. Hummmm maybe pink isn't appropriate AFTER CANCER, what do you think? I'm just sharing this inspiration as it coming to me. You could be the beginning of a wonderful celebration movement. So make set the " After the Big C Etiquette. To God be the Glory for great things He has done. Love and prayers, Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachael, I was given your name by your friend Janet Pressley, who I work with. She told me your story and I was so moved by it. I, too, am a "SURVIVOR". One year breast cancer free. I still hate hearing and saying those words, but I praise God daily, that I am healed. I will keep you and your family lifted up in prayer, and may God continue to heal you. Jackie

    ReplyDelete