Thursday, August 13, 2009

Mountain Top -vs-The Valley

Lately I know for a lot of people these times have been really tough. The economy stinks and it affects everyone. Sometimes we are overly blessed and in the past it may have blown over and not affected you or those close to you. But is seems that NOW in these days someone always knows someone if it is not you yourself.


I have given my whole philosophy about the mountain top and the "valley of the shadow of death" based off one of Pastor Ross' sermons. To reiterate and remind, the mountains cause the shadows in the valley. Valleys are beautiful with lush grass & flowing streams. Mountain Tops are however pretty rocky and rough to climb especially. So why we say we want to be on the Mountain or that "I am in a valley right now" which usually means a "hard time" I don't really understand.


Right now in our lives it feels like I am climbing up to the mountain top & boy is it a rough climb at this moment. Between work(not the best time to be in new construction), divorce in our family(not Shane & I)my moms health & my health issues. It is all becoming very overwhelming and I admit I am letting it get the best of me. I am worrying about that which I have no control over but it is also stealing my joy. It seems that as I am climbing towards the mountain top I am looking back over my shoulder at how things were or how I think that they are supposed to be or to stay that way. And I just want to scream, "WHY GOD!!! Why now when everything felt like it was going so well. " It feels like it is all at once and I am at a breaking point. However, maybe what we were doing was not God's will but ours and the prayers of "Not my will but Your Will be done" are happening. Just not like I think it should. But his ways are usually better than ours. And I believe others in the Bible were recommended to "Do not look back"

But I guess in the midst of my questions is also my answer. Maybe we were too comfortable with our lives and our lifestyles that we needed to be shaken. I don't really know. I still am not angry. I am just so broken & confused. But maybe that is where God needs me to be right now so that I can put my trust solely in him. Not my parents & not my husband but in God. I am so dependent on Shane that maybe for both of us God is trying to say, "Trust ME" I have never had to start all over as an adult and especially with 3 children. But it may someday come to that. I think that is what scares me to death. I watched my parents do it in Texas & then Mom & Tony in North Carolina. Will I be able to be as strong for my kids and do what they did for us as kids? I pray to God we can & will.

Mom showed me her devotional for today & yesterday. The scripture was:

Philippians 4:6-7 (New International Version)
6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 5:7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

How easy it is in our earthly minds & thinking to forget that God cares and knows our needs even before we ask. He gives us peace. That sounds so much better than worrying, crying & trying to figure it out on my own. "God please help me to truly give it all over to you. Help me to Trust in you like never before.Give Shane, Mom & Tony wisdom in the weeks/months to come & please give me back my Joy!!" Amen

I really intended to go to bed. It is late but this just would not go away in my mind for me to even lay down and try to sleep. If nothing else it was for me to see "in Black N White" for myself what God is gently whispering to me. I hope that I can hear His small still voice always.

I can't see the other side of the mountain or even the Lush Beautiful Valley that we will be going to next, but I do know who is our Guide up and over. He wants what is best for my family & even though it feels like we are all being spread out right now, He is still in control. His plans are even better than I could ever imagine. I know he will never leave or forsake me so why on earth would I ever leave his side now. When I was born they told my mom I was dead. I wasn't breathing. It was only several minutes later that they brought me back in to give me to my Mom. She was sobbing for the loss of her baby girl. She had already had 2 miscarriages. But what they placed in her arms was a beautiful & healthy baby girl. My Daddy told me he wanted a boy first, but when he held me for the first time he knew God gave him just what he needed. I have been in a car accident falling asleep at the wheel of car going 75mph at least, crashed and crossed 85 S to 85 N back to 85 S. Not a scratch and only rear ended one vehicle with no injures. What a Miracle. And Most recently GOD HEALED ME FROM BREAST CANCER!!!Surely God has not brought me thru all of that to leave or forsake me now. He has plans for my life and my family. He is not done with us yet.

I may look back on this time and like the story of the man on the beach with one set of footprints, but I will know He was carrying me thru these times when I have not had the strength walk or climb it on my own.

Yessie had emailed me the words to this Miley Cyrus song called, The Climb. With a few word changes this could be an awesome worship song.

The Climb

By Miley Cyrus

I can almost see it

That dream I'm dreaming but There's a voice inside my head sayin, You'll never reach it,

Every step I'm taking, Every move I make feels Lost with no direction

My faith is shaking but I Got to keep trying Got to keep my head held high

There's always going to be another mountain

I'm always going to want to make it move

Always going to be an uphill battle,

Sometimes I'm gonna to have to lose,

Ain't about how fast I get there,

Ain't about what's waiting on the other side

It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing, The chances I'm taking

Sometimes might knock me down but No I'm not breaking I may not know it

But these are the moments thatI'm going to remember most

Just got to keep going

And I, I got to be strong

Just keep pushing on, cause

There's always going to be another mountain

I'm always going to want to make it move

Always going to be an uphill battle, Sometimes I'm gonna to have to lose, Ain't about how fast I get there,

Ain't about what's waiting on the other side

It's the climb

There's always going to be another mountain I'm always going to want to make it move

Always going to be an uphill battle, Sometimes you going to have to lose, Ain't about how fast I get there,

Ain't about what's waiting on the other side

It's the climb. Keep on moving Keep climbing Keep the faith

It's all about It's all about The climb

Keep the faith Keep your faith

Valley here we come!!!

Love your Survivor

Rachael Renea

How I wrote this with no spelling errors this late on 2 hyrocodones, ambien & lorazapam is a miracle in itself.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, what are you trying to do here? Kill me....? I am reading this, welling up with tears and thinking.... was this for me? I am so glad you listened to that voice (God) that told you to write this all down! I know you weren't trying to but you really encouraged me today! Thank you~
    I am glad you are feeling much better these days. I HOPE YOU CAN HAVE A NICE AND RELAXING WEEKEND!
    ALL MY LOVE, NIKKI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Racheal,
    you don't know me but the Lord woke me up this morning at 3:00am. I laid there and couldn't go back to sleep and I felt I was suppose to get up and look up the names of God as HEALER. I googled and for some reason I clicked on your site. My sweet little nephew Spencer who is 13 was just diagnosed 3 days ago of Ewings Sarcoma-a very rare form of cancer. Racheal, I can't begin to express the sweet presence of the Lord that I felt when reading your journal. Thank you for expressing to the world the cries of your heart. They are life and brought encouragement to my soul.
    Dustie
    North Carolina

    ReplyDelete