Monday, March 2, 2009

Good News


Good Good News!!!Yeah!!!!
Today I am sitting in the Doctor's office having my 2nd Herceptin treatment. Only 50 more to go!!! Anyway, I met with Dr. Limentani before my treatment and he examined me. He said my tumors have already significantly shrunk in size after only one treatement. Thank you Jesus!!! I thought they felt different but didn't know if it was just me and wishful thinking. But he confirmed it today. He said, "I would categorize this as a "great response". Even better than we could have hoped." My blood counts were really good. They said above 1 is good and mine were 2.8. Awesome!!! I only had to get stuck once today so that is always a good thing too.




The last few days have been just OK. I have had a killer headache/migraine. I don't know what it is but it sucks!!! I feel carsick in my head only, sinus headache, dizzy like my equilibrium is off all in one giant headache. YUCK!! But I still am not pucking. Thank God!! They told me to try and take Tylenol & Advil together to kick this headache. It just makes me not want to do anything because moving around makes me dizzy even more. So I have taken the meds and it is starting to ease off a little. Shane says,"Good!!" Apparently he thinks I have been a little grumpy these last few days.




We got Mom all moved in this weekend in the rain. It was so messy though. So now I have my Mom, 3 kids, husband & 2 dogs living with me. Wow!! What a household! I am sure they will never be a dull moment for quite a while in the Higginbotham Household. Mom is continuing to unpack and try to make herself at home in our home. I have been no help at all not being able to be up and around without my head killing me. So her & Shane have been on their own. Shane did all the laundry last night with mom's washer & dryer. He likes all the buttons and says,"I like to customize my loads." Go figure.




It snowed last night and was just beautiful. Snow in March. That is Carolina for you. The kids are out of school and went to play with Dustin & Yessie on the big hill in back of his house. They were pretty excited. I hope they have a lot of fun. They have been really good this week with really trying not to fight. But they are really excited about Grandma moving in too. She has told them she is going to redecorate their rooms. Chandler wants a Star Wars Room. Connor we are still deciding.




We are almost done with treatment and Shane is going to take me out to lunch. Not sure where but a good burger sounds good to me.




Love to all,


Rachael

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful news!!! I'm sorry you're feeling yucky though. I went hat shopping after church yesterday, I tried them on and couldn't decide so I bought 4. I sent them by Priority Mail today so you should have them Wed. or Thurs., I want pictures. lol
    Love ya,
    Aunt Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY RACH,
    THANKS FOR THE UPDATE! WE HAVE BEEN AT THE CABIN ALL WEEKEND LONG AND SO I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO CATCH UP ON YOU, BUT I AM GLAD TO KNOW YOU ARE DOING WELL! THE MORE I READ THE MORE I THINK YOU AND I SHOULD BE TOGETHER RIGHT NOW! I KNOW YOURS IS WAY WORSE THAN MINE BUT I HAVE A LOT OF THE SAME SYMPTOMS AS YOU! I THINK IT IS SYMPATHY SYNDROME!!
    HAHAH. WE ARE STARTING TO DECORATE RYKER'S ROOM AND I WILL SEND YOU PICTURE WHEN I GET SOMETHINGS FINISHED.
    WELL LOVE YA, NIK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rachael I am SO thrilled to hear this report!You have been on my mind all day and of course, I've been praying! PRAISE GOD for the shrinking!!
    I'm so glad your mom is there with you! Your house is full of love and that is the very best thing when you feel cruddy!
    Aunt Janet is the bomb eh? You will definitely look adorable in any hat. You HAVE to post pics! :-)
    That's cool your mom has guy friendly washer and dryer...I might have to look into that!
    Love you lots and SO thankful today turned out well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE GOT SUCH A WONDERFUL REPORT FROM THE DOCTOR. THAT IS GREAT!! OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rach your report from the doc is WONDERFUL news!! I'm glad to hear that! I've said it before there is no God like our GOd and there in nothing too big for him!! I love you and again I'm so happy to hear the GREAT report!

    Still praying for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news... Praise God!!! This blog spot is an awesome means of communication for your friends to keep up with what's happening. And you do a wonderful job writing.
    I'm glad you're not 'puking' also. And if Tylenol and Advil don't work for the bad headache, try Excedrin extra strength if you can take it. lol (Works for me.)
    Take care... love you. Give my love to your family.

    ReplyDelete