Friday, March 20, 2009

Joy Cometh in the Morning

Last night before we cut my hair, Shane knew how hard it was for me. I had already cried upstairs before I came down to face the kids. I didn't want them to see me upset & crying. So before they made it downstairs Shane & I prayed that God would help us thru this, make it a family time and to give us all peace. It really helped because I was able to hold back my tears for the kids sake even though inside my heart was breaking as I watched the rest of my blonde hair fall to the floor. I think even more or just as humbling as having your feet washed is to have your husband have to shave your head. That is a very humbling experience. But he did for me.

As of right now, I still haven't been able to look at myself "bald". I wore a beanie hat to bed and as I pass in front of the mirror...I just feel like I scream, "Cancer". I don't want to look like I am sick. I was doing so well with being able to pretend it wasn't going to happen or that I really wasn't sick. The kids were doing so good and had not really seen any drastic changes in Mommy, but now it is a daily reminder to us all. I did wake up with a thankful heart that this means my chemo is working, I am getting better, and I have the best family. It is just really hard accepting this part of "cancer".

I don't feel depressed like I have the last few days this morning. I know when I wash or fix my hair it is not going to come out but I am so sad for the loss of my beautiful blonde hair. I am going to attempt to wear the wig and hopefully it won't look like a wig. It should be interesting.

In my devotional yesterday, it said, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Matt. 6:34 So my mindset today is "Don't Worry" I can do this. I will do this in Jesus Name & with his perfect strength. He says he will never give us more than we can handle & I am so holding on to that promise right now for today.

Thank God It Is Friday!!!!!!!
I hope everyone has a great Friday & a wonderful Weekend.
All my love,
Rachael

PS. There are several more pictures on Facebook of "Our Hair Cutting". Connor took most of them. Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. Just practicing send this dum blog but I can"t ever hit the same botton twice . Ilike your new doo just fine. Ya look like one of those models so just go with the new look and forget the wig talk to you soon love Dad

    ReplyDelete