Monday, March 16, 2009

Look Good, Feel Better

We Look Good & Feel Wonderful
Thank you Linda & Joy!!




Today from 3 to 5 plus some, I went to a look good feel good class with a friend that I have not seen in 13 years. We used to work at Heilig-Meyers together that long ago. We met in chemo as I have mentioned before. We both have breast cancer & on our left side. Crazy HUH???!! Not as crazy as us though. We had so much fun and we were the life of the party. They gave us all kinds of makeup ideas to help your self feel better even though sometimes you might not feel like it, especially when we lose our hair. They showed us how to tie scarves, which with my power port and a rosette on the side of my head I was "Star Wars" bound to be Princess Leia. LOL It was a lot of fun. Tanya says she is bringing the sexy back into bald. "You go girl" It is nice to know and physically be able to call & hang out with someone who is going thou this. And the fact that we knew each other before is an added blessing. Thanks for signing up with me for this class, Tanya. It was a lot of fun & I hope you had fun too.


So if anyone out there does have cancer or knows someone who is going thru it, there are look good feel good classes all over the US, Canada, & Puerto Rico. Just google, Look Good Feel Good.

It was such a blessing & tons of fun.

After our class, Shane took me out to dinner at Radcliffe on the Green. It was delicious. The portions are perfect. It is our motto to try new restaurants and different things. Shane had a duck stew & I had chicken & mushroom crepes with sauteed spinach & homemade mac n cheese.

Great Place to try and affordable for being a quaint little place in downtown Charlotte.

I have really learned to love my Mondays. Obviously not because of chemo, which actually isn't too bad, but because it has been such a bonding time & quality time to spend with Shane. We get to talk a lot which if you know Shane that is a lot in itself, sometimes even to me. But I truly treasure these hours that we get to be together just him & I. And if not for these circumstances, we wouldn't have "Our Monday's" So I have yet another thing to be thankful to cancer for: Quality Time with my Husband. I Love it, but I love him so much more.
I think I am going to call it a night.
Happy Reading.
Love Rachael Renea

4 comments:

  1. The two of you look Georgeous!! So glad you had fun !!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAD CHICKEN & MUSHROOM CREPES? YOU HATE MUSHROOMS????? S THE CHEMO GETTING TO YOU MORE THAN YOU THINK? LOL HAHAHAH
    LOVE YA GLAD YOU AND YOUR MAN ARE GETTING CLOSER! I LOVE THAT! IT MAKES ME SMILE!
    LOVE YA, NIK

    ReplyDelete