Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hope

Here is my "little blonde beauty" in one of my newest wigs. She got it off the stairs after I took it off. She thought she was so cute. She was waving at us in the above picture. Anyway I just thought I would share it with you.
Today we went to a birthday party for my little cousin Talan who just turned 2. It was very windy today in Carolina. They had a clown come out face paint, magic tricks & balloon animals. Amy's Dad made the comment, "Man, I can't believe her pink wig hasn't fallen off!" I replied to him, "Hey why do you think that I am not out there." LOL He was a little taken back and just said he hadn't thought about that. LOL I thought it was funny. I guess he wasn't expecting me to think it was. Oh Well. "Cancer sense of humor" Not everyone gets it.
Today at church we had our 1st part of the Easter Trilogy. It was all about Hope. They sang a song. "I have this hope" It was beautiful. The whole story was about learning to trust God when you have nothing left or any reason to believe. I guess it hit home a little with everything that I have been experiencing of late. But it was like God was sending me one more message of hope. "Just keep believing" "I hear you Lord. And I Am" Sometimes it is hard, but I have to trust that God is in control & he can see the big picture. Even though I don't understand.
Another awesome "God thing" happened this week. Two years ago I attended a Pampered Chef Party at a neighbor's house. In 2007 after Caitlyn was born I went to another one at another neighbors home. They were all presented by a lady by the name of Sabrina Goble. Last week on Facebook Sabrina contacted me and said she knew me thru someone in my neighborhood who had passed along my blogsite to her. She thought I looked familiar but we were not sure from where. She said that we had a lot in common and should talk. We figured out that we knew each other from the Pampered Chef parties. We have since then talked and truly do have so much in common that there are too many coincidences for it not to be a "God Thing!" This is what we have discovered: We both live in Harrisburg, we both have 2 boys the same ages, we were both diagnosed with breast cancer at a young age, we both attend "cfa" (and did not realize this until this week with the size of our church) & we have the same religious upbringing. Her hair is beginning to grow back and last week she went for her first haircut. She was discussing this with her Beautician. Guess who her beautician is? Tabitha!! Same as me for the last 10 years or so. How crazy is that!!! This morning I prayed that God would let us "find" each other in church today if this was truly his will that we crossed each other's path. Which is crazy in itself because there are approximately 1200 people in church on an average Sunday morning. Shane asked, "How are you going to do that?" I thought, I'm not, God will. I was looking all over and low and behold I saw her. I knew what her and her husband looked like from FB. I couldn't believe it. She was sitting only a few rows up and over. During the time everyone was shaking hands, I headed over to her seat. I lost her. Shoot! Then I looked up and she was headed down towards me. She had seen me also. We hugged and the bond I know we will share began to blossom. God is so good & faithful! He truly does see what we are going thru. Just like the sparrow that falls. I do feel like sometimes no one understands especially seeing how I am doing so well with very little side effects. But God knows. He knew. And he sent me Sabrina. Thank you Sabrina for listening to the Holy Spirit and reaching out to contact me. I am so sorry Sabrina had to go thru all of this, but I am so glad that she understands what I am going thru & will be here to help me thru it. Just as others helped her. Maybe each woman that goes thru this, until they find a cure, is just another vessel for God to use to help another woman thru "the journey".
So today, God has once again boosted my "HOPE" & proved Himself Faithful.
"He will never leave us nor forsake us. "
What an Awesome God we serve! And if you don't. You don't know what you are missing.
All my love,
Rachael
Thank you Julie & Grace for the awesome chocolate bread. It is delicious!!!

2 comments:

  1. God is SO awesome!I was reminded of Romans 5:3-5
    I've read over and over again this passage: hope does not disappoint. It is an awesome reminder daily of how He sees us where we are and takes care of us.

    As long as Caitlyn's hair stays blonde, we get an idea of what she'll look like with long hair. Cute little princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Rach, Just saw the latest pics of Cat Rose your not just prejudis can"t spell that word. Seeing how I"ve become such a master of the computer now going to try to use my 8 yr. old ditital camera to put pics of work on goggle site.Well enough of this typing work for 1 nite love ya lots Dad

    ReplyDelete