Monday, March 30, 2009

My Support Group


Above is the first pictures that I have posted of myself bald. That in itself is a little hard. Most other than family have seen me totally bald. But I am dealing with it a whole lot better. So here it is.
Tonight my baby brother Dustin decided that he was going to shave his head in support for me. How sweet is that?!! Plus he let ME do it!! Then the boys decided that they wanted to "support mommy" too. So Dustin was happy to appease them as you can see. One of the boys friends, Heath was over playing with the boys and he wanted to support Ms. Rachael too. So we gave him a "little buzz"
with a # 7. Which was more for his sake for him to think he was getting his haircut too. He was so proud. So we all took our picture together.

I had my herceptin treatment today. I think it has to be a record because I was in and out in and hour and a half. When we got home Shane got ready to go to Durham to see my brother in law, Travis and his wife Skyla. She was admitted last night to have her 1st baby boy. She still has not had the baby as of right now. Pray she has a swift & healthy delivery. After all day she is still only 1 cm. So Shane is with them tonight and will have breakfast with his mom tomorrow because it is her birthday. So it looks like little Gavin might be born on Grandma Chris' Birthday. She will be thrilled. Come on Gavin!!! We can't wait to meet you.
I am feeling really good this week. No headaches at all for about 3 or 4 days. Thank you Jesus. I hate migraines. So all is well.
Good Night & I hope everyone has an awesome week,
Rachael

3 comments:

  1. GOOD FOR YOU! I LOVE THE PICTURES! I AM GLAD THAT YOUR TREATMENT YESTERDAY WENT WELL AND THAT YOU HAVE A FAITHFUL GROUP OF SUPPORTERS!
    YOU ALL LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL!
    I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOUR SIS IN LAW TO BE HAVING THAT BABY SOON!
    LOVE YOU, NIK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! Dustin is so sweet! That's a great support system you've got there cousin.

    Glad Gavin came finally! Hope they are all doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Babygirl, think the hair or lack thereof is great look it makes your brother look good too; Glad ya can have a little fun with this trial. Went to sizzler tonight with Grandma;Carolyn and Colton ;it was nice but made us late for church by the time I went and rolled a couple of renters at the V Mo. talk to ya soon LOve Dad

    ReplyDelete