Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Oak Tree


Today Jeff & Dawn Arwine sent me a card with a beautiful poem in it. It truly has amazed me how on days when I am not having such a good day God sends just the right thing along to remind me how much he cares and loves me. Even though sometimes I feel alone. Even in as busy of a household that the Higginbotham Household is. So I thought that I would share this with everyone. Maybe you have heard it before, if not I hope it encourages you as much as it did me. Thank you so much Jeff & Dawn for the beautiful gift basket & card. I loved it and will enjoy pampering myself.


The Oak Tree
by Johnny Ray Ryder Jr
A mighty wind blew night and day

It stole the oak tree's leaves away.

Then snapped its boughs and pulled its bark

Until the oak was tired and stark

But still the oak tree held its ground

While other trees fell all around

The weary wind gave up and spoke.

How can you still be standing Oak?

The oak tree said, I know that you can break each branch of mine in two

Carry every leaf away Shake my limbs, and make me sway

But I have roots stretched in the earth

Growing stronger since my birth

You'll never touch them, for you see

They are the deepest part of me

Until today, I wasn't sure

Of just how much I could endure

But now I've found, with thanks to you

I'm stronger than I ever knew


So on this journey when I am feeling a little down about my hair or anything that may come my way I will always remember that God has made me like an "Oak Tree" planted with deep roots since my birth. He has a plan for my life and a purpose. And this "Journey" is my "Strong Wind" It may shake me, sway me, and maybe even carry every leaf (hair) away but in the end I will be stronger for it & know just how much I can endure & I will be:

"Stronger than I ever Knew"


All my love,

Rachael


PS. Thank you to Han for giving my a wonderful Pedicure & Manicure. It made me feel a lot better. May God Bless you for your acts of kindness.


Thank you Yesenia for all the help you have given me with Caitlyn & the Boys. I couldn't do it without you. I hope you know how much I appreciate & love you. You are a wonderful sister in law. Thanks

1 comment:

  1. Rachael,
    You are welcome,and anytime that i can help you,let me know.
    You are an inspiration to me. May God continous give you great sense of humor,peace,comfort,strengh and healing through this difficult time.His name and power have been show by you and through you. Keep up the good work.
    Love,
    Han

    ReplyDelete