Friday, March 13, 2009

A Thankful Heart

Today I had an appointment with my oncologist, Dr. Limentani. He examined me and came in to measure my tumor which to begin with was 7 cm & very measurable. But today he could not even find enough to measure. He said the tumors were breaking up making it feel very lumpy but there was not enough to measure. Praise God. I was thrilled. So I can only imagine after 5 more chemo sessions that this could be totally gone by the time I have the surgery. Which is really good because that increases my prognosis by about 30%. So I was very thankful to have such great news.

My port is becoming less uncomfortable & sore. My shoulder is still a little sore but I haven't had to take any meds for 2 days now. It is a little bruised around where the port is but the incision is very slight & looks like it will hardly have a scar at all.

My hair is still slowly falling out. But each day I am becoming a little more OK with what is probably going to happen. I guess I am still holding out that is won't totally fall out or because my hair is so thick that it will only thin it out. You can't tell by looking at it that it is falling out other than the fact that I might have a few hairs on my back, OK probably a lot. But I still have hair on my head. I am very Thankful for that. I have made it longer than a lot of patients do.

I am very Thankful for all of my family, neighbors & friends that have brought goodies by, the gift baskets, fruit baskets, & all the sweet cards, comments, & emails. I know I am very blessed to have so much family that care & can help us out during this crazy "journey". One thing I have found out during all of this is I have such a big network or family & friends. I think sometimes in life we don't really realize how many friends & family we really have and then going thru something like this you make so many more new friends who have walked this same journey who are there to support you & your family.

Even thru all of this I know I am Blessed & I have a very Thankful Heart for the life God has so richly given me to live. And I plan to live this life to the very fullest that I can. I have a wonderful husband, 3 adorable children, a great extended family, & good church family, & A Mighty Big God who is on my side and fighting for me too.

I am blessed, loved,& have a very Thankful Heart
No matter what comes my way
I am going to make it thru this.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!
All my love,
Rachael

6 comments:

  1. God is on your side. You have been on my mind all day today. God is on your side and he has you in the palm of his hand. Love you Rachael..I'm praying for you and I'm here for you for whatever you need :)


    Ericka Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought you a book today and at the register, the cashier said "Boy that is when you really need Him" the book is titled When God and Cancer Meet. She looked at me and I said it's for my cousin who was just diagnosed. She told me she is a 13 year breast cancer survivor and that she would pray for you.
    I am so thankful to hear how God is working miracles in your body.
    I just mailed out that book and a cd to you today...love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rach if this keyboard would do the samething two times in a row my life would be easier any way I got to go work at the V today thanks to your Uncle PADRE BOB love ya lots DAD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachael, that is wonderful news about the tumor shrinking. It does so help to make all the yuckyness of chemo somewhat worth it, doesn't it? I am still thinking about you and praying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rach, I'm so happy that your tumor is shrinking, I bet you feel like a weight has lifted, I know I do. Stay strong and feel the prayers of the many who are praying for you every day.
    Love ya lots,
    Aunt Janet

    ReplyDelete