Monday, March 23, 2009

Living with "It"

Well, day by day we are all learning and living with Cancer. I actually think about it more lately than before because of my hair. But the crazy thing is after we shaved my head, my hair is already growing back. How does that work? Just my Luck!! Travis my brother said, "Hey sis, you think you might have jumped that gun on the whole shaving thing?" LOL Oh Well it was falling out even after buzzing it so it had to be shaved. We will see what happens from here.

I am getting more comfortable with my baldness each day. It still is a shock when I forget but I was outside today with just a hat but you can obviously tell I am bald so it wasn't like my neighbors couldn't tell. Chandler asked, "Mom do you think you need your wig on?" That was to ride bikes around the neighborhood. I didn't know whether he wanted me to or if he thought I forgot I didn't have my hair on. LOL I didn't because my head was a little cold after awhile. But we had fun anyway. Caitlyn loves it outside and actually pitches a fit if we have to go in and she is not ready. She likes to throw the ball to the dog and Neelah actually brings it back to her. She just belly laughs. She thinks it is the funniest thing when we all throw the ball around & over her. Like keep away. She laughs so hard she falls over. It is adorable.

Shane wrestled with the boys on the trampoline for awhile. Caitlyn likes for DaDa to hold her and jump. Then she tries to jump herself and looks like a fairy leaping around. She can't quite get the whole jumping thing down. But it sure is cute to watch her try. She found a black bucket in the yard and thought it was a hat. So she walked around with a bucket on her head all night. They are so fun to watch. They are just enjoying life without a care in the world. I love it. It reminds me to remember what the important things are. We are so blessed. I am so thankful for my hubby & kids. They keep me going and loving our life together.

My mom has been so much help. She helps me so much. I probably take advantage of her more than I should. She gets the boys up in the morning so I can sleep in, does most of our laundry, a lot of the grocery shopping, cooks dinner some nights or helps me do it, & we have a live in babysitter. Yeah!!! Thank you Mom so much. I probably could do this on my own but I am so glad I don't have to. I love you. You are the best.

Over all life is great. Tony took me to my treatment today and he was saying how surreal it was being there because unless you see me hooked up to all my meds you would never know I was sick. I feel the exact same way. But I am so thankful for it. It makes it hard to deal with sometimes but it is much better than being or feeling sick. I am still having migraines but with Motrin/Tylenol it is becoming more manageable.

We are all doing well and adjusting to our lives with Cancer. It has not taken over our lives just my Monday's. LOL But as I said before it gives me time with my hubby or whoever takes me that week. Which I have 46 more to go so everyone can have a chance. No fighting Please. JK

My Aunt Lynnea & Uncle Paul from Washington State sent me a little card that says What Cancer Cannot Do. I just thought I would share it with you.

What Cancer Cannot Do
It cannot cripple Love
It cannot shatter Hope
It cannot corrode Faith
It cannot destroy Peace
It cannot suppress Memories
It cannot silence Courage
It cannot invade the Soul
It cannot kill Friendship
It cannot steal Eternal Life
It cannot Conquer The Spirit
I am determined not to let this cancer beat me or my family. We will become better for it. I look forward to the challenge Cancer. Bring it On!!!
All my Love,
Rachael

5 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and lifting you up, Rachael. Glad you enjoyed an evening outside with your family. Take care.
    And God Bless Your Mom!
    Love to all of you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those baby belly laughs! I miss it sometimes-they grow up too fast! I hope you got some pictures of her with a bucket on her head! :)
    Glad to hear you felt good enough to play outside! I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you are feeling okay. You have a beautiful family and It's a blessing you are feeling well enough to spend time with them.
    Hope you have a blessed week. Love you :)

    Ericka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Babygirl; I supposed to be rolling but just had to check on my girl.Glad your doing well I"ll call later . Hear the house got a little more peaceful this week. Inside family Joke for you fellow Blogers. love ya lots Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachael! I hope you are having a good day. You have one of those faces that looks good weather you have hair or not. I think you are doing a great job and I am so glad you have help, it makes a world of difference to not have to worry about anything some of the smaller things. I just pray for you every day and I know you have more treatments to go. During our time with Brooke I took some time to write down some scripture that honestly I had to read every day to keep my sanity and composure and it always worked!
    Matthew 21:22
    Malachi 3:3
    1 Thessalonians 5:17,18
    John 14:14
    Jeremiah 30:17
    Matthew 7:7
    Proverbs 3:5&6
    Matthew 18:18,19,20
    Psalm 37:5
    Ephesians 6:16
    James 5:14
    These are my favorites, stay strong girl!

    Sommer

    ReplyDelete